Is Pete Here Tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Dump DeBoer and make Gomer coach. That's what he's actually doing here, he's waiting for that opportunity

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Flyers - 3 unanswered Goals in 3:20
Washington -4 unanswered goals; 3 goals in 8 minutes
Sharks - 3 Unanswered goals; 2 goals in 4 minutes
Rangers - 3 unanswered goals; 2 goals in 5 minutes
Penguins - 7 unanswered goals;

jkrdevil

UnRegistered User
Apr 24, 2006
Miami
It depends on whether Buddy Jacques says yes :sarcasm:

Honestly this is the kind of game where a month later were probably looking at it as where the Pete era went in the toilet. But in the immediate future he still has a job at least through the homestand.

This is also the type,of game that gets ownership's eyes opened and to sign off on it.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
We're 4-3-2. Of course he'll be here.

That's the problem with this franchise right now.

There was a time that we were among the best in the league and we fired coaches RIGHT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS began because they weren't getting the job done.

Now? A losing record is good enough for 100% job security.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He needs to be gone, like last year.

Enough excuses already.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Doesn't mean we are playing well.. look at my above post. Look at our possession numbers compared to last year.

No, it doesnt, but it's not like we've had game after game like tonight either. If this keeps happening, then yeah I think a move should be made. I'd like to see how they respond to this loss first.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL
That's the problem with this franchise right now.

There was a time that we were among the best in the league and we fired coaches RIGHT BEFORE THE PLAYOFFS began because they weren't getting the job done.

Now? A losing record is good enough for 100% job security.

Amen. Its like after 2012, the entire organization clocked out and just accepts mediocrity now. The fall from grace has been quick.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
I think Marty has a press conference right before Thanksgiving announcing that he's taking over for Lou and Pierre McGuire will be behind the bench--because he knows that Gelinas was born in Saint Jean Sur Richelieu.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
Harris is a businessman. One that isn't a fanboy of the team. He should fire Lou.

and one that doesn't know enough about hockey to find a suitable replacement, especially mid-season.

If/when it happens, it'll be the off-season so he can hire a firm to do the vetting process for him.

RNCDevil

Jun 21, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
IF, IF you hate PDB, you should pray that he sticks around so the Devils have a chance for McDavid or Eichel. I think those two will be Gretzky/Lemieux. Eichel has 3/3 in his first three games.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
unfortunately yes. i doubt ownership wants to pay deboer for 3 years of extended vacation

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Flyers - 3 unanswered Goals in 3:20
Washington -4 unanswered goals; 3 goals in 8 minutes
Sharks - 3 Unanswered goals; 2 goals in 4 minutes
Rangers - 3 unanswered goals; 2 goals in 5 minutes
Penguins - 7 unanswered goals;

Explain that math.

3+4+3+3+7=20

Those are 5 games where we let the other team dominate the pace of the game for stretches of the game. The Sharks one they weren't terrible though..

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
IF, IF you hate PDB, you should pray that he sticks around so the Devils have a chance for McDavid or Eichel. I think those two will be Gretzky/Lemieux. Eichel has 3/3 in his first three games.

even if we got one of those guys deboer would bury them in the ahl or they'll be a healthy scratch until their rookie contract is up and they bolt

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
3+4+3+3+7=20

Those are 5 games where we let the other team dominate the pace of the game for stretches of the game. The Sharks one they weren't terrible though..

So in non sesecutive games, if you do not include any devils goals, the opposition has scored 20 in a row?

that's a stretch. An unneccessary one. Plenty of legit concerns going on here.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
So in non sesecutive games, if you do not include any devils goals, the opposition has scored 20 in a row?

that's a stretch. An unneccessary one. Plenty of legit concerns going on here.

I'm just saying that we have blown way too many leads or let the other blow open their lead. This all occurring in short spurts of the game.

engy

Mar 12, 2012
He shouldn't be here, but he will be. Ride it out for this season and hope for a top pick. Things aren't going to change when you have Pete manning the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad