Is Pastrnak this years Art ross and/or Maurice Richard trophy contender?

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Art Ross will be between McDavid and MacKinnon. Rocket will be Ovi's to lose with an outside chance to Matthews and Pasta. He's damn good though, somehow has taken another step from his already elite winger status.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Love how people anoint players as Art Ross, Rocket Richard, MVP befoore the season is even 10 games in. By this logic Gretzky would only have 3 art ross trophies and Mario 2. Lol

Reactions: ThomasG and pi314

Wounded

Jul 9, 2011
Art Ross trophy contender not, but he will be Maurice Richard trophy contender this year.

Mar 11, 2013
QC
Art Ross no but the Richard absolutely, proven 35 goal scorer that only just turned 22, he might not win it but he will be in the contention for sure.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
No reason he couldn't win the Rocket, I find the Art Ross more unlikely though. I guess the Ross is still possible but I think he's right up there in the top 5 Rocket contenders.

Statistically speaking if he maintains his career average shooting percentage of around 14% and keeps shooting at the rate he is now he would hit 51 goals, obviously that's just a statistical projection based off his career averages though. Pasta has had 10+ game goal scoring droughts in his past 2 seasons but managed 35 goals anyway.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Best combo guys are probably McDavid, MacKinnon, Matthews
Ovi will probably still win the Richard though

slicedbread

Oct 27, 2015
Ostrava
I can’t even imagine being a Boston sports fan.

Nothing but championships. None of the teams are bad. No hardship at all. Just success.

They didn’t even have to tank and they got a top 10 player in the league in Pastrnak. My Leafs are horrendous for 10 years and we’re still somehow worse.

As a Detroit fan I know your sorrow . Lol

Reactions: Critical91

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I can’t even imagine being a Boston sports fan.

Nothing but championships. None of the teams are bad. No hardship at all. Just success.

They didn’t even have to tank and they got a top 10 player in the league in Pastrnak. My Leafs are horrendous for 10 years and we’re still somehow worse.

Trust me it wasnt always this way. I date back to going to Original 6 games. It took decades for this golden era to come about.
My kids however are spoiled rotten. Not knowing any difference.
I tell them to take it all in. Every parade. Every team. Because eventually it will be over.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Trust me it wasnt always this way. I date back to going to Original 6 games. It took decades for this golden era to come about.
My kids however are spoiled rotten. Not knowing any difference.
I tell them to take it all in. Every parade. Every team. Because eventually it will be over.

Well said! I remember some of the bad Boston teams from my younger days, specifically the pre Bledsoe pats.

I’d be happy if one Toronto team in the sports I watch one a single championship at this time. I find myself being greatful that the Leafs are even competitive, even if they aren’t quite top contenders.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
pretty much every top goal scorers shoots high teens in shooting percent, everyone on top of scoring is pretty high above that. kane is the only guy up there who is the teens. it's way too early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad