Is Pastrnak this years Art ross and/or Maurice Richard trophy contender?

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
I can’t even imagine being a Boston sports fan.

Nothing but championships. None of the teams are bad. No hardship at all. Just success.

They didn’t even have to tank and they got a top 10 player in the league in Pastrnak. My Leafs are horrendous for 10 years and we’re still somehow worse.
And all of that after trading away plenty of talent in Seguin, Kessel, Wheeler, Hamilton etc.

Reactions: Critical91

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
I thought at the start of the year he had an outside shot at 50 goals. Especially if he was hitting the net on the pp which he has been.

Might be low for the rocket. Probably won’t get enough apples for the art ross.

Still hard to be disappointed in him though. Late 1st rounder. Who knew!?!

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
The correct answer is "we are like only 3 weeks into the season", but that's no fun... So yes, Pastrnak will win the Richard.

Nothing but championships. None of the teams are bad. No hardship at all. Just success.

They didn’t even have to tank and they got a top 10 player in the league in Pastrnak. My Leafs are horrendous for 10 years and we’re still somehow worse.

You almost got to wonder if it gets boring...

When it comes to cities with more than a token team, Toronto has to be the most barren "major league" city in North American. It's now been 25 years since a big league team won, or even made it to a final.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
No one has mentioned that Bergeron is tied for first in points? Pretty good for a 33 year old multi Selke Trophy winner.

People talking Pasta - pshaw... not even the best offensive player on his line. And it ain't Marchand either. Bergeron'll win the Art Ross this year - o.k. fine - but it would be really cool - that Bergeron had a 120 point season just sitting in his back-pocket this whole time.

Reactions: Dabruins

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

It wasn't that long ago that the situation was so dire that we held a parade for Bourque's Cup win...with Colorado

Reactions: Bocephus86

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
I think his line mates might start to dig into his goal total as the season goes on, but pasta is on a wicked tear to start the season.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Could win it.

I predicted him to be the breakout player even though last year he actually broke out.

I just knew since Marchand and Bergeron are still at their top and him emerging it would be him that likely is a top point getter.

He’s like the new tarasenko but better. Senko himself has fell off a map.

A lot of my predictions come wrong too so I’m not saying I’m some know it all but that’s one I was proud to take high in pools.

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
Nah. The only real threat to McDavid's Art Ross this year is MacKinnon imo.

Reactions: olli

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
Barring injuries, McDavid will win the Art Ross again. The guy is simply better than his competition.

Luminiferous

Oct 11, 2018
Contender for sure. Hard not to like the guy, even tho he plays for the Evil Empire.

Nylander wishes he was Pasta.

Leonhard Euler

Mar 5, 2018
Other way around. Pasta doesnt even make 7M$ per year. Nylander is shooting for 8
Pasta is not a greedy guy, he's happy with his millions of Dollars even if he could have had more and surely he will on his next deal. I guarantee you right now playing on that amazing line destroying the NHL he feels better than Nylander who is doing what exactly?

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
There is so much energy in his performance, it's amazing. Very early in Pastrnak's career, someone on the Bruins board made a careful comparison of Pastrnak to Bure. It was far-fetched then and it still far-fetched now (and Pastrnak has developed into a different player) but watching Pastrnak's energy, you can see where this came from.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Oh? Boston has also suffered a bit...

Red Sox -
86 year “curse.”
Bucky Dent.
Bill Buckner.
Aaron Boone.

Bruins -
39 year drought.
Too many men on the ice.
Finals losses in 1974, 1978, 1988, 1990, and 2013.
Cheap ownership that wouldn’t spend - ever.

Celtics -
Len Bias. Enough heartbreak there for all four teams. If you’re too young to know who he was, look him up. Seriously. Then get back to me after you do, because I’d love to hear your thoughts on that.

Patriots -
The “roughing the passer” game.
Super Bowl XX.
The Lisa Olson scandal.
Almost moving to St. Louis.
Desmond Howard.
The 2006 (Jan. ‘07) AFC Championship Game.
The helmet catch.

The death of Len Bias was devastating. Add in the “Curse of the Bambino” and I’d say Boston has paid its dues. Things are very good now, but I’m somebody who remembers how it used to be - and it was pretty awful. To say “no hardship” doesn’t really tell the whole story, and isn’t really accurate.

I’m sure the Leafs will win soon. If the Red Sox and Patriots can win, so can the Maple Leafs. Just takes competent leadership and I think they have that now.

Back ON topic - he has a shot but it’s WAAAY early. The competition is tough, too.

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Is he a highlander? What do you mean this years contender? I'm sure there can be more than one....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad