Is now the time to deal JVR?

Visnovsky

Aug 20, 2010
Finland
While it is sure that Jones does not move from Nashville, how about Ellis? He's fairly good in his own end and is a very skilled puck moving defenceman - also a RHD.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I see no rush to trade JVR from Leafs perspective

He is still young enough he can be part of core for Leafs thru and after rebuild

To beat the cap, you gotta roll the dice. Yes, that means handing out a sketchy contract to an unknown commodity at the time (yes believe it or not, Duncan Keith was an unknown commodity when he signed his contract, Hawks decided he was worth rolling the dice on and holy hell did it pay out huge). .

Keith finished 11th in Norris voting in 2007-08 and 6th in Norris voting in 2008-09

Hardly an unknown ,, He was young established #1 defender playing over 25 min a night when he got his longterm extension in 2010

leafsfuture

Mar 30, 2008
While it is sure that Jones does not move from Nashville, how about Ellis? He's fairly good in his own end and is a very skilled puck moving defenceman - also a RHD.

Ryan Ellis is not the type of guy you trade JVR for.

Ellis has some limitations that are pretty much set. He is not a top pairing guy, never will be. Thats nothing to be ashamed about but we don't need a guy like him now

mpolo

Aug 20, 2007
I would like him to go through the rebuilding pain and get reinvented as a talented two way winger. It would make an amazing story, if nothing else.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Yeah it time to move him this year (full calendar year). By next draft would be a good timeline.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nashville is a team that could use JVR offense and his contract very pleasing also.

Nashville has strength on defense with Weber and Josi carrying the team..

I think there is the potential here to pry Seth Jones away from the Preds in a blockbuster trade involving JVR on Leafs side.

If I were to trade JVR this is the type of deal I would be pursuing.

If we could essentially trade Schenn for Jones that would be quite a coup. However when you think about it that way, it does seem pretty far fetched.

OLUSAF

Sep 8, 2007
If the Leafs could acquire a high end future asset like a Dal Colle or add to jvr to get a Nick Ritchie and Anh 1st then I don't see the value in keeping him.

If the only offers are bundles of mediocre assets then hold on until the offers improve.

Adding a Dal Colle to Marner, Brown, Kapanen, Nylander is too good to pass up.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
If the Leafs could acquire a high end future asset like a Dal Colle or add to jvr to get a Nick Ritchie and Anh 1st then I don't see the value in keeping him.

If the only offers are bundles of mediocre assets then hold on until the offers improve.

Adding a Dal Colle to Marner, Brown, Kapanen, Nylander is too good to pass up.

I would think the cost to get JVR would easily be Ritchie + ANA 1st (late pick). You would think that JVR's value is at least the same as Bobby Ryan. In this trade their actually giving up less, so i doubt we add.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I would think the cost to get JVR would easily be Ritchie + ANA 1st (late pick). You would think that JVR's value is at least the same as Bobby Ryan. In this trade their actually giving up less, so i doubt we add.

I think Bobby is a good comparison. Anazing talent but seems to be missing that drive. Put him with someone who is determined and hope they click.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad