Is Mikael Wikstrand NHL ready?

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
What the hell differences does it make? Last I checked 'stache doesn't use hfboards to make decisions on who does and doesn't stay in his lineup. You don't make those calls so what's the point of making a thread about this??? Suppose everyone says "YES"...does that change if he's going to be playing in the O?

Its a discussion board to discuss things on it. Thats the point. just like posting prospective lineups on here, we know it doesnt matter in the end. Using that thinking we should just delete our accounts and let hfboards die.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
NO.
If he makes perfect progress it would look something like:

*SEL or another year in Allsvenskan next year.

*Half a season/full season AHL in two years and after that be tested in NHL.

Any shorter time than that would be an amazing/impossible(?) progress.

brochenski

@brochenski
Feb 1, 2012
absolutely. he and mark stone can play on a line together. call them the "hockey db" line

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
No he is not ready. Wikstrand impressed at the World Juniors, but he'll have to improve in a number of areas to challenge for a spot, even with an incredibly weak depth chart.

I'd say he should spend a year at the SEL level next season, then a year or two in Binghamton, perhaps more or less depending on his play. He is by no means a lock to be an NHL defenseman, so rushing him isn't a move that makes a lot of sense.

WilderPegasus*

Oh hell yes. It's pretty clear he's ready and would be on the All Rookie team at the end of the year if he can come over. Anyone with the least bit of knowledge at scouting players can see he was as ready as any defenceman, with the exception of Trouba, at the world juniors to make the jump the NHL.

Nov 16, 2007
in your head
Oh hell yes. It's pretty clear he's ready and would be on the All Rookie team at the end of the year if he can come over. Anyone with the least bit of knowledge at scouting players can see he was as ready as any defenceman, with the exception of Trouba, at the world juniors to make the jump the NHL.

Too bad the world juniors isnt the bar used to judge NHL readiness.

RedWhiteBlackGold

Veteran User
Feb 22, 2007
Charlottetown, PE

So then Sens management, who should have the least bit of knowledge will have him in our lineup right?

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I can't tell which posts in this thread are Troll Posts anymore... We're still talking about Mikael Wikstrand, right? Not Nick Lidstrom?

I'm just checking.

WilderPegasus*

So then Sens management, who should have the least bit of knowledge will have him in our lineup right?

Which part of " It's pretty clear he's ready and would be on the All Rookie team at the end of the year if he can come over." did you not understand?

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
I can't tell which posts in this thread are Troll Posts anymore... We're still talking about Mikael Wikstrand, right? Not Nick Lidstrom?

I'm just checking.

trollthread_zps69df4280.jpg

source

Jul 13, 2008
The Sens won't want to bring him over because they don't want him to win the Calder and have to pay him Karlsson money right away.

Yeah but they could squeeze 8 "elite" games out of him without burning a year of his ELC. With such a short season, this would have a profound impact and I think Murray should consider it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad