Is McDavid Gunning for 100 assists?

Calderon

Mar 24, 2006
It's certainly not that I'd want to stir the pot or make silly statements for sensationalism sakes or anything like that... but McDavid better pick up his goal scoring touch. Otherwise he'll look mighty silly. You know why? He'll be the 100-assists-a-season guy with the lowest goal total. He'll lose to a friggin DEFENSEMAN*. Good grief, get him out of the league before he embarrasses himself for life.

*) Orr scored 37 goals while getting 102 assists, McDavid is on pace for 32 goals.

blundluntman

Jul 30, 2016
It's certainly not that I'd want to stir the pot or make silly statements for sensationalism sakes or anything like that... but McDavid better pick up his goal scoring touch. Otherwise he'll look mighty silly. You know why? He'll be the 100-assists-a-season guy with the lowest goal total. He'll lose to a friggin DEFENSEMAN*. Good grief, get him out of the league before he embarrasses himself for life.

*) Orr scored 37 goals while getting 102 assists, McDavid is on pace for 32 goals.
I do have to admit it's a bit strange how little he's scoring this season. I assume it's related to the injury but it does seem like something people will look back on after he's retired and think "that was a pretty bipolar season by McDavid in 23-24".

Reactions: Macheteops

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
I do have to admit it's a bit strange how little he's scoring this season. I assume it's related to the injury but it does seem like something people will look back on after he's retired and think "that was a pretty bipolar season by McDavid in 23-24".
Yes this is his strangest season. He is not shooting like he was last season which makes me think it is a upper body injury, hence his "pass first" mentality. Even his OT goal a few games ago was a "lift" into the net. Last season his shot was pure precision....

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018

Yeah true, he’s not even better than Bobby Orr so he should probably just retire tbh

Reactions: nturn06

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
McDavid is having arguably the best season of his career and he might not even get a Hart nomination for it the way things are going.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
McDavid is having arguably the best season of his career and he might not even get a Hart nomination for it the way things are going.

Best season? lol, nah. This season is the worst shooting percentage of his career, it's clear he's playing through some kind of injury that's bothering his shot.

He's just that good that even in a season where he has his worst shooting percentage he's still on pace for like 140+ points.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Best season? lol, nah. This season is the worst shooting percentage of his career, it's clear he's playing through some kind of injury that's bothering his shot.

He's just that good that even in a season where he has his worst shooting percentage he's still on pace for like 140+ points.
The fact that McDavid was injured is part of what makes this his best season. Another fact is that he's carrying Hyman to 56+ goals this season, more than he ever carried Draisaitl to! And on top of that he's also preventing Draisaitl from getting a 3rd straigth 50 goal season and thus teaching Draisaitl a lesson and making sure Draisaitl's next deal won't be too expensive for the Oilers. This is truly McDavid's masterpiece season!

Sanderson

Sep 10, 2002
Hamburg, Germany
This guy works his tail off for individual awards. No cup tho
Yes, if only he would try to lead his team to success by elevating his game in the playoffs, like putting up, say, 33 points in 16 games, or 20 in 12, oh wait...

You'd have to be really ignorant, or trolling, to state that McDavid wasn't trying to bring his team success. And even more so if you want to pretend that one player could will his team to a Cup all on his own.

The audacity some people have to badmouth players for playing too well...

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
The fact that McDavid was injured is part of what makes this his best season. Another fact is that he's carrying Hyman to 56+ goals this season, more than he ever carried Draisaitl to! And on top of that he's also preventing Draisaitl from getting a 3rd straigth 50 goal season and thus teaching Draisaitl a lesson and making sure Draisaitl's next deal won't be too expensive for the Oilers. This is truly McDavid's masterpiece season!
That is bad trolling.

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Well he's gonna get it. He needs 11 assists in 14 games, which is below his career average and I believe below his average every single season except for his rookie.

The new goal for McDavid in my mind as a fan is looking at 110 assissts, that would push him past a couple of Gretzkys seasons, to a top 10 most assists season ever.
Only Gretzky, and Lemiuex (once) has hit the 110 assists mark.

Something thats going under the radar is that Kucherov has a shot of it aswell. He is pacing for 96 right now, certainly possible he could get 4 more than he is pacing for.

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad