Is Matthews making Ovi look a bit replacable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
By this outlandish statement, I have to assume you have only recently started watching hockey. Go watch any of the hundreds of Ovi highlights on Youtube and circle back to this comment.

LOL. I'm Ovy fan and I have watched hockey probably longer than you have been on this planet. But that goal is not done before in NHL because players simply don't have that level of aimbot + the level of skill and dexterity to know when to activate aimbot.

He literally went around back of net knowing exactly what he was going to do and he did just that with an insane aimbot.

Ovi's technique is brute force. Basically do what you want but the puck will eventually go in after numerous shots from that area in the ice. Matthews is using more of a 'you can't predict the snipe' approach where he will activate the aimbot when he feels and the goalie can't predict it or do anything because it's pinpoint accuracy.

You could argue that's what made Stamkos better than Ovi as Stamkos's 60 goal year was done with much much less shots than Ovi. Sad that Stamkos had to run into a bad goal post and ruin his career. Might have surpassed Ovi.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndreRoy

Papi 4 Hart

Nov 9, 2018
In regards to Ovechkin, how this is even a debate is beyond me. Ovechkin is the greatest goal scorer of all time. Matthews has had a few good and great seasons. They are not the same. Right now what Matthews is doing is similar but slightly worse than Stamkos' run, and about the same as Pasta and Drai. It doesn't make him a scrub, in fact it makes him elite - but it doesn't mean he can touch the absolutely phenom that is Ovechkin.

Well Matthews has roughly 10 goals less in his career as both Pasta and Drai in 100-150 games less.

So no he's not a scrub. He is also significantly more impressive in his career and consistency so far.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Are we sure about that? Also Matthews will never do something like this.

Ovi has said himself that goal was a fluke. He said he tried numerous times in practice to replicate that and he couldn't. That Matthews technique there is repeatable but likely only by Matthews.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
ps_0935w_sorry_folks_600x.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00