Is MacKinnon now in McDavid/Matthews/Laine bracket?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Durability really comes down to luck so it's pretty hard to call it a skill. Laine had to leave a game because he blocked a shot wrong, and I don't see why you'd hold that against him

I agree it’s not a skill, I would call it a trait. Either way, we can call it whatever we like it doesn’t matter. In the end we’ve all seen players get injured which is normal & expected. But we’ve also all seen certain players get injured more then average player does. I’m sure I don’t need to provide a list of those types of guys. Again this has nothing to do with AM specifically.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I agree it’s not a skill, I would call it a trait. Either way, we can call it whatever we like it doesn’t matter. In the end we’ve all seen players get injured which is normal & expected. But we’ve also all seen certain players get injured more then average player does. I’m sure I don’t need to provide a list of those types of guys. Again this has nothing to do with AM specifically.
oh yeah I know, i'm just talking generally.
I think chronic and repeat issues are the things that make someone injury prone, along with general carelessness. Anything other than that is basically just unfortunate stuff that happens

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
oh yeah I know, i'm just talking generally.
I think chronic and repeat issues are the things that make someone injury prone, along with general carelessness. Anything other than that is basically just unfortunate stuff that happens

Generally I agree with this, I’ll add that the odd guy just seems to have very back luck or more fragile (not sure which) then the average guy resulting in multi injuries per season and often they are completely unrelated injuries. We’ve all had that one guy, at some point over the years who just can’t stay healthy and yet each injury seems unrelated to the other.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Always injured? We're going off of a two season sample size, and in one of those seasons he played all 82 games.

Laine and Matthews are on a nearly identical points/goal pace this year, with Matthews facing tougher competition at a more difficult postion and demonstrating a superior defensive game.

The real question is who outside of Winnipeg or Finland would rank Laine ahead of Matthews?
I think he means four different injuries including a concusssion.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
To me Laine vs Matthews comes down to what they do. Laine is a pure goal scorer, and he’s quickly establishing himself as one of the best - top 2 currently. Matthews has a more varied skill set, but is not establishing himself as one of the best - his numbers are not exceptional, and aside from the highlight reel he hasn’t really separated himself from the pack. They’re both undoubtedly talented but Laine has begun to pull away from his peers.

And MacKinnon is better than both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad