Speculation: Is Lou really all that great.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Andersen is not even top 15 in cap hits for goalies and his stats are much better. Please tell me what Andersen should be making? What better, younger goalies were available? Andersen was 27.
Sorry, but your response reaks of someone basing everything on him being terrible last night.
And if every GM would have gotten the Kadri,Rielly deals, how come we don't see more guys making that? They are really underpaid.
no go look at my old posts even when he was on fire when ppl were saying he should win vezina...i never believed in andersen.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
no go look at my old posts even when he was on fire when ppl were saying he should win vezina...i never believed in andersen.
But how is he overpaid? What "Younger, better" goalies were available? 27 is not old for a goalie at all.
Again, Carey Price's cap hit is more than double Andersen's. The guy is not a penny overpaid.

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Dubas being the potential GM is some pretty great news.
Lou is a weak link of this management group.
As Nithonel mentioned, the GM has made some very poor decisions.
Plekanec trade
Not getting assets back for JVR/Bozak(both have been invisible in these playoffs)
Zaitsev(maybe)
The drafting has gotten worse since Lou came in(all though Hunter is still finding some solid players).
Should Lou be replaced?
I guess it is time for insanity. Leafs just had their best season EVER after being the worst team in the league a few seasons before.
ABSOLUTE insanity faulting the job of Lou. Now if you had posted this a week ago you would have been destroyed. Don't make your descions off of one week of hockey...Lou doesn't.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
How would it be tanking your season if you moved him then used the assets to address a critical weakness?

yeah i never understood this. JVR would not bring back a top 4 D we all agre on this, he would bring back a 1st and a b prospect say. A team rebuilding who have dmen that would be available for trade what would they want? a 1st ++. Not necessarily the poster you quoted but when i brought this up (along with others) at the deadline posters wouldnt follow the logic and say "we should not trade JVR for picks we are contenders"

1st, 2nd (2019) and a prospect probably gets us a top 4 d, at the very least a very big upgrade on Polak

Reactions: Johnny Steps

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Plekanec trade
Not getting assets back for JVR/Bozak(both have been invisible in these playoffs)
Zaitsev(maybe)
The drafting has gotten worse since Lou came in(all though Hunter is still finding some solid players).
Should Lou be replaced?
babber wanted Glendening ..

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How would it be tanking your season if you moved him then used the assets to address a critical weakness?
What assets could you get back? It would have been picks.
What playoff team was trading their UFAs for picks? And what message is that sending to the team?

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
What playoff team was trading their UFAs for picks? And what message is that sending to the team?

you answer my question first.

if we used the assets from JVR to help get us McDonagh at the deadline, how is that tanking the season? that's not even "selling"

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
What playoff team was trading their UFAs for picks?
Philly traded Schenn in the summer 1st round pick.
Washington traded Johansson in the summer for picks.
Colorado traded Duchene mid season, picks + prospects.
All players that weren't part of the long range plan due to salary/term/whatever.

Doyoulikeapples*

We stole Tavares
Feb 5, 2018
Plekanec trade
Zaitsev(maybe)
Should Lou be replaced?
So basically Lou is a bad gm because the leafs lost game 1 and 2 ? Man.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Philly traded Schenn in the summer 1st round pick.
Washington traded Johansson in the summer for picks.
Colorado traded Duchene mid season, picks + prospects.
All players that weren't part of the long range plan due to salary/term/whatever.
The Leafs did try to trade JVR. The deals weren't there. Are you really upset we don't have Travis Hamonic?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
you answer my question first.

if we used the assets from JVR to help get us McDonagh at the deadline, how is that tanking the season? that's not even "selling"
McDonaugh has looked terrible.
Imagine the outcry on here if we gave up so much organizational depth and McD looked as bad as he has in Tampa? People would freak on here.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I was hoping that Lou would have addressed the Leafs defense more in the offseason and the TD.. Its not a very good group and needs a major upgrade and true #1Dman to lead them.

realgoodleafs

Oct 29, 2006
SW Ontario
If anything the drafting makes more sense now. The last thing we need is another 5'10 winger/defenceman.

I agree that a lot of the little moves look pointless now and it seems like we wasted assets for nothing.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
What year is this for Lou? His team is breaking records for A franchise that has been around for 100 years but "is Lou really all that great" lol

Last edited:

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
Yep, time to abandon the rebuild and start going for it. Jumping ahead of ourselves is clearly the best path. Look at where Edmonton and Buffalo are compared to us. Sitting still and not trading to fix holes to win now will leave us in there with the Winnipegs of the world. No way we want that.

RubberHead

Apr 15, 2018
Lou is actually a great GM with the exception of the "no facial hair rule" . This is not his team, it's Dubas team. Let Mark Hunter be the GM. The team has no character. I applaud Kadri for sticking up for his teammate. Analytics works in baseball , not hockey. Hard to implement the emotional factor in analytics. Keep Lou as a consultant. Players such as Nylander have to be taught that if your team is in a scrum, you can grab a guy and not have to drop your gloves. Right now he just goes to the bench and leaves his team one man shy during a scrum. (This happened this year, and he watched the scrum evolve before he jumped the boards). If the player does not want to be involved in that , then they can be traded.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
hopefully Dubas takes over , that will give us a perfect GM to go with our perfect coach , lol

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I was hoping that Lou would have addressed the Leafs defense more in the offseason and the TD.. Its not a very good group and needs a major upgrade and true #1Dman to lead them.
They have their #1 DMan. Rielly was #1 according to all stats.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Leafs did try to trade JVR. The deals weren't there. Are you really upset we don't have Travis Hamonic?
There a 30 other teams in the NHL.
Only one team wanted to deal with us? with the exception of Montreal who was happy to take our 2nd.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
When your great grandkids go the hockey hall of fame and see Lou's name around the facility, then you'll have your answer. Lou's a crap GM, Babcock can't coach, Matthews needs heart, this place is an unmitigated joke at the moment. Geezus.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
There a 30 other teams in the NHL.
Only one team wanted to deal with us? with the exception of Montreal who was happy to take our 2nd.
That's the only one that leaked. How do we know there were not others?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad