TSN: Is Kessel the New Sundin?

MrLegend28*

Kessel is a leader. Most players come to Toronto and this stupid fan base/media and crumble, and Kessel gets the most flack so he scores a ton of goals and is constantly at the top of the stats page, WHILE dummies hate on him.

Just cause he doesnt speak to the annoying media doesnt mean he isnt a leader. He leads on the ice by scoring, in a game which, believe it or not, the objective is to score on the opposing team.

Renegade

Jun 23, 2013
Pickering, ON
A player shouldn't be judged by the amount of points he has. Also, I don't think you can compare Kessel to Sundin. They're both comparable in terms of being game breaker players that the fan base depends on to score the big goals, but Mats Sundin is Mats Sundin.

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
I hated the Leafs fans that questioned Sundin and were negative towards him with a passion. The man gave them everything. If only he didn't have **** players around him for a good portion of his career in TO. from 99-04 was really the time they had something. And that was in large due to him and goaltending.

GTFO anyone that didn't respect Mats.

Tyler Biggs*

Kessel is second in points and goals in the entire NHL over the last 3 years, you think these guys with his talent grows on trees? We don't pay him for defence, give your head a shake. I wish he was more of a Toews type player, but those type of two way players are far and few between.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Patrick Kane just signed a mammoth contract in Chicago.

Phil Kessel has outscored Patrick Kane AND has a higher PPG than Patrick Kane over the past 3 years.

He's an absolute bargain at the price the Leafs are paying him.

Tyler Biggs*

At his current NHL career pace, Kessel will score 450 goals and 950 pts if he remains in a Leafs sweater for the next 8 years. Since he has been a point a game player for the last 3 years, it is likely those totals will come closer to 500 goals and 1,000 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad