Is John Scott the best P4P fighter in the NHL?

Analyzer*

Deryk Engelland looks pretty beastly.

Scott and Boogaard don't really have that good of balance.

Eaglepride*

Engelland and Thornton are saying hello Carcillo isn't bad in his own class too.

Diagonaali

Jan 8, 2009
Finland
It is comparing apples to oranges. Some are here arguing that if Rypien was given Scott's size he would be better. Well, I could argue that Scott given Rypien's size would destroy him. He is very fast at that weight/height and given size of Rypien his hands would be lightning fast.

On the other hand I do not see Scott nearly as intimidating and scary fighter as Boogaard is. Nobody in the league has the scull crushing stirking power of the Boogey man and that is the only thing that matters in my books.

Thus, Boogey man is the best P4P fighter in NHL in my opinion because he is just so much scarier than Scott. Feel free to have different opinion with me, but there will be no point trying to argue it...

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
John Scott is obviously the best fighter in the NHL but not pound for pound.

Opygs.gif

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
John Scott is looking like a spot picker, still doesn't have a top 10 fighter on his fight card. It looked like he wanted to go with Casrcillo today but when Shelley was on the ice he didn't seem interested at all.

Bring Bak Damphousse

Fire Bergevin...into the Sun
May 27, 2002
Canada
I'm embarrassed to admit that before I read through this thread I didn't know who John Scott was, after watching the majority of his fights on youtube though he definately isn't the best p4p fighter in the league. He's just a very big man who fights, he looked especially unimpressive in his fight against Janssen, I'm pretty sure if both Scott and Janssen were 6'8 260pounds, Scott would've been absoulutely annihilated.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Whats with that "P4P" crap ? In my book:

I am able to beat you- Im tougher
You are able to beat me- you are tougher

Doesn't matter if Im twice smaller or twice bigger than you.

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Pound for pond is something made up for I don't even know what purpose

pound for pound is something people uses as an argument when a smaller guy gets beaten by a bigger guy.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Player X got his ass kicked by Scott/Chara etc. But IF he was their size, blahblahblah...
And what IF he was born a woman ?

murrough

Jul 19, 2006
Argh..ppl still falling for this troll thread? 5/5 classless subbans to flapjack, good work.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Funny someone bring up Scott ducking anybody...Nobody wants to fight him...
Bieksa shot his mouth off last year about what a waste it would be to fight Scott, choosing to belittle him as a player instead...Of course, when push came to shove KB hand-picked Viktor Stalberg, who never fights...

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Pound for pond is something made up for I don't even know what purpose

It's a term to indicate straight fighting skill without the limitations of a guy's frame. If we go with real fighters: Brock Lesnar would probably have won a fight against GSP, but is he actually a better technical/strategic fighter? Not by a long shot. He's just an effing giant.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
It's a term to indicate straight fighting skill without the limitations of a guy's frame. If we go with real fighters: Brock Lesnar would probably have won a fight against GSP, but is he actually a better technical/strategic fighter? Not by a long shot. He's just an effing giant.

Fighting is not about "strategy"/"technique". Its about beating the **** out of your opponent. You are able to beat him ? So you are better fighter. End of story.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
Fighting is not about "strategy"/"technique". Its about beating the **** out of your opponent. You are able to beat him ? So you are better fighter. End of story.

NOT about "strategy"/"technique". ? dumbest fight post in history. I take it you have never fought or had any type of training....ever. lol

RyK15*

1. Engelland
2. Neil
3. Prust
4. Simmonds

If any of these guys were as big as Scott, they DESTROY him. And I mean destroy him. In fact, if any one of these guys is 6'3" 230, they are heavyweight champion of the league. These 4 guys, especially Prust and Simmonds are undersized for their classes, and if they each gained like 30 lbs, they'd be eating heavyweights for breakfast (Engelland and Neil sort of already do).

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00