Is John Scott the best P4P fighter in the NHL?

acor

Jan 13, 2012
NOT about "strategy"/"technique". ? dumbest fight post in history. I take it you have never fought or had any type of training....ever. lol

- never had any training- thats true
- never fought- thats false. fought plenty in my life. Actually lost 3 teeth thanks to this.

Its NOT about strategy/tchnique. Its about beating the **** out of your opponent. If you beat oponent= you are tougher.

P4P is ********. Im the greatest P4P inventor in history. I mean, Im not the brightest kid, and never invented anything in my life, but IF i had Einstein IQ...

mgd525

May 18, 2007
- never had any training- thats true
- never fought- thats false. fought plenty in my life. Actually lost 3 teeth thanks to this.

Its NOT about strategy/tchnique. Its about beating the **** out of your opponent. If you beat oponent= you are tougher.

P4P is ********. Im the greatest P4P inventor in history. I mean, Im not the brightest kid, and never invented anything in my life, but IF i had Einstein IQ...

How do you think beating the **** out of your opponent happens ? It's just random and who wants it more ? That is PART of it but far from all of it.

A good example is when you throw a punch. People think its all shoulder/arms. It is if you dont have training/technique. A strike actually is comming from the ground up. Think of a series of motion from your feet,legs,hips, on up. From technique you gain much more power, speed ect. That is why you can have a man who is say, 5'6 165lbs hit much harder than an arm throwing (tough guy) who is 6' 200 lbs.

On the defensive side, feet positioning, head movement, hand placement ect(part of technique) plays a very big role in keeping you safe so to speak.

strategy- to sum it up is damned near everything. For exp, im short, compact and muscular. If im fighting some guy that is 6'1 I can't possibly win a jab contest(outside fighting). I know that, he knows that(if he knows what he is doing. I have to protect myself, wait for an opening and get in close(much rather take him to the ground). Why ? Because im putting myself in a good situation.

Strategy no matter what the hobby,sport ect is major in everything you do. It's putting you in position to take advantage of your strengths While taking advantage of another persons weakness.

Think this way. Technique Gives you the tools needed to be a good fighter.

Strategy/Being aware of situations lets you get in position to use your technique.

Toughest guy wins if and only if things are about even with the other 2 factors.

Look at Craig Adams, tough as hell. Would put his face through a wall to win another cup. As tough as he is, he's not winning a fight anytime soon.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
How do you think beating the **** out of your opponent happens ? It's just random and who wants it more ? That is PART of it but far from all of it.

Wait, man. I think you TOTALLY misunderstood my point. I've never said that technique/strategy DOESN't help in fight. I've just said that having better technique/strategy doesn't make you better fighter than someone who is inferior in that departament, but won a fight against you thanks to other assets. Rad my post, post I've quoted and then your response to me. You took my post out of contest.

zeus3007*

After reading some of the threads here, it seems P4P is something thrown around alot when it comes to Rick Rypien.

After Rypien got beat down earlier this year, and the whole fan assault thing, the luster has seemed to faded upon poor Rick.

Enter the nu model- Big John Scott.

As a fighter, nobody with the exception of Boogy has the size/reach combo to go along with the heavy fists BJS has. His chin, if questioned before was tested yesterday with a huge bomb by Janssens, and passed with flying colors.

So far he is undefeated in the NHL, and I give mad props to anybody who can draw him or actually drop the gloves with him. Has he fought true heavies? He will soon enough, but Rypien stayed away from heavies his entire career until this year and was pounced on mercilessly when he did. This wont be the case with Scott.

I have no choice by to say P4P, BJS is the best.

Pound for pound means best despite size. John Scott is huge. He may be the best fighter, but pound for pound? No way. You never see UFC heavies in the discussion for best pound for pound. Why? Because they are enormous. That's why it's guys like Jose Aldo, GSP and Anderson Silva in the discussion.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Pound for pound means best despite size. John Scott is huge. He may be the best fighter, but pound for pound? No way. You never see UFC heavies in the discussion for best pound for pound. Why? Because they are enormous. That's why it's guys like Jose Aldo, GSP and Anderson Silva in the discussion.

There's never such thing as "despite size" in fighting. You can own someone using your size=you are better fighter.
EDIT- not everyone who is BIG can use his size. There's a lot of big punching bags. And a lot of small guys you'd be afraid of. I don't understand why size (lack of it) should be excuse.

mgd525

May 18, 2007
There's never such thing as "despite size" in fighting. You can own someone using your size=you are better fighter.
EDIT- not everyone who is BIG can use his size. There's a lot of big punching bags. And a lot of small guys you'd be afraid of. I don't understand why size (lack of it) should be excuse.

Why does everyone but you understand the meaning of P4P ? I mean it's used in boxing,mma ect. I hope your just trolling or your out to lunch.

acor

Jan 13, 2012
Why does everyone but you understand the meaning of P4P ? I mean it's used in boxing,mma ect. I hope your just trolling or your out to lunch.

And you keep insulting me in this thread, even though I've never attacked you anyway. well, MMA means nothing for me, as I am believe men, if they fight- should fight with their boots (or skates :) ) on. Therefore- I've always hated MMA. As for boxing, I am a fan of boxing, but I've never got that P4P thing. As I know the most prestigous category is heavyweight- why ? bc best fighters always come from heavyweight. When prime Tyson was beasting, no one cared if he was best "P4P" fighter (even tough, he was a small guy for a heavyweight). He was best fighter, and thats what meat. As you may know, majority of boxers (except heavyweights) have their natural weight way above the cathegory they fight. They just lose weight before the fight. If they feel confident enough to fight heavier fighters, they go to superior weight category (see- Holyfield, or Ray Jones Jr.).

parineum

Jun 5, 2009
Scott might be the worst pound for pound player in the league..

I don't think people realize that this is the exact reason why his fight card is so pathetic. Coaches know what a horrible player he is and it gives them no reason to dress their heavyweight. The guy has just over 1 hit per game played, he's not dangerous unless you fight him and he's incapable of forcing a fight with his physical play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad