Is it weird that Sundin rarely participates in anything Leafs related?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LondonKendrick

Jun 18, 2016
I find it frustrating that Leafs fans hero worship this guy, everyone acts like he did the Leafs a massive favor when he took a 'haircut' on his extension in the cap era. Ok, he left some money on the table but the Leafs would have been better off without him so they could tank. Everyone glosses over us fans that have been demanding a tank since Quinn was let go.

Still cringe at the 'Mats deserves a championship' pension plan tag line, Mats wasn't a franchise player, he was a 30 goal center that liked summers off, the Muskoka Five refusing to waive their NMCs, sure their right, just like it's my right to remember them as the players that gave zero ****s about the fanbase. Plenty of other players did whats best for business and waived their NTCs.

Funny the last time the Leafs had a deep playoff run it was when Sundin was injured. Mats presence damaged this franchise.

Derrty

Cat
Apr 24, 2012
It's because he thinks of himself as more of a Canuck. He wouldn't feel right putting the leaf jersey back on.

Why isn't this thread on the Leafs board? The entire main board is constantly flooded with leaf threads.

Yes, look at all the leaf related threads on the first page, what an outrage ! :sarcasm:

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
I find it frustrating that Leafs fans hero worship this guy, everyone acts like he did the Leafs a massive favor when he took a 'haircut' on his extension in the cap era. Ok, he left some money on the table but the Leafs would have been better off without him so they could tank. Everyone glosses over us fans that have been demanding a tank since Quinn was let go.

Still cringe at the 'Mats deserves a championship' pension plan tag line, Mats wasn't a franchise player, he was a 30 goal center that liked summers off, the Muskoka Five refusing to waive their NMCs, sure their right, just like it's my right to remember them as the players that gave zero ****s about the fanbase. Plenty of other players did whats best for business and waived their NTCs.

Funny the last time the Leafs had a deep playoff run it was when Sundin was injured. Mats presence damaged this franchise.

Just a terrible post.....

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I think there is a little resentment, and I think it's sad when all this happens, but I dig that he is family oriented. He could easily outsource all this to a nanny but he wants to be fully part of his kid's lives.

Like I care about some alumni game anyways.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
How about being in the Hall of Fame? I think you have to be a bit more than a 30 goal center to pull that off. Your post is in fact stupid.

Or 28th all time in points for the NHL. But ya the Leafs were a Stanley Cup team during the Sundin years but he actively went out of his way to sabotage the Leafs winning by scoring more points than any Leaf ever and during that point of time.

Again he's trying way to hard for this. The OP was asking why Sundin has missed several Leaf related events and I think it has been answered. No reason to really talk about it all to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad