Is It Time To Sit Franson?

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Yes, sit both now.... Permanently as far as I'm concerned.

This continued insistence on franson playing should cost both poile and lavy their jobs. Insanity.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the problem isn't that franson isn't decent. he is. the problem is he is the exact same player we got rid of before because we had guys like weber and ellis ahead of him. now we have those two and jones ahead of him. and now we have to move players to 'fit' him in the lineup which in turn weakens us. his 'skill set' just is redundant to us, cann't understand why anyone would have ever thought differently.

unfortunately santorelli is also the exact same player we let walk before as well.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
Franson has really been that bad?

I feel legitimately sorry for you guys, has he at least been able to do well in offensive situations? We all knew what a pile of steaming **** he is in his own zone. Santorelli as well? That's a real head scratcher he was Toronto's most consistent player and seemed like a perfect 3rd liner on any team.

preds1

Apr 2, 2010
TN

I feel legitimately sorry for you guys, has he at least been able to do well in offensive situations? We all knew what a pile of steaming **** he is in his own zone. Santorelli as well? That's a real head scratcher he was Toronto's most consistent player and seemed like a perfect 3rd liner on any team.

He has a goal so far.
But Ellis and Jones down the right behind Weber is far better.
Someone will overpay for Franson and regret it.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
right now franson is our 8th best dman, and that's only because we haven't called biletto back up yet. santorelli? he's been so invisible I don't even know if he was scratched or not.

Territory

Jan 31, 2014
Toronto
Not surprised about Franson. Very surprised about Santo.

Santo was excellent in Toronto. One of the most consistent players. Played like a 2nd line winger with Kadri.

Sorry to hear they aren't working out for you guys.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
So my question was what the F was Franson doing on that second goal? He was to the right of Rinne standing there? No one was around him. Really? Yet again, he's not on the puck, the man or anyone yet he continues to get ice time.

As 303 said we're forcing him in to the lineup and making ourselves weaker by asking others to play out of position or with different partners.

Put Ellis back with Ekholm, they were playing great together. Put Jones back with Volchenkov, they seemed to work as well.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
"Cody Franson, I think, has turned into one of the better defensemen in the National Hockey League."

"You have to assimilate two more guys into your lineup. I think the fact that we have these 26 games left to go will allow any hiccups to be solved. Again, I think the timing was good and the players are excellent choices for our team."

- David Poile at the Franson trade press conference

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
"Cody Franson, I think, has turned into one of the better defensemen in the National Hockey League."

"You have to assimilate two more guys into your lineup. I think the fact that we have these 26 games left to go will allow any hiccups to be solved. Again, I think the timing was good and the players are excellent choices for our team."

I know it's only ONE thing, but c'mon - it's indicative of his decisions over the last 5 years. I can't even believe it's a question of time to retire - it was a couple years ago.

and if Poile's right, then we certainly underestimate what we can get for Jones or Ellis - trading either solves our #1C problems forever, cause everyone on this board knows they are SIGNIFICANTLY better than "one of the better defensemen in the NHL".

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN

I'm guessing not even Poile believes that anymore. Right now he is probably punching himself knowing he couldn't of been any worse off just leaving things alone, and still would of had his 1 draft pick for the off season.

Poile isn't a horrible GM, he obviously has made some decent moves, but I think just like Trotz, its time to move on.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
I hate being right about this but I said we gave up way too much for the players we got back. You don't pay a 1st and a good prospect for a bottom pairing defenseman and a 3rd liner.

Those guys are in those positions for a reason. They're too inconsistent to be top 4 D or top 6 players and we're getting the bad parts of their game, which is them providing absolutely nothing.

Franson never made much sense anyways. We have good offensive defensemen. He wasn't going to unseat who was already here for PP time which means we got him strictly for his defensive "prowess."

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net

The problem was that your GM didn't make like your past GM's and just hand over Kessel like we wanted. :sarcasm:

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm guessing not even Poile believes that anymore. Right now he is probably punching himself knowing he couldn't of been any worse off just leaving things alone, and still would of had his 1 draft pick for the off season.

Poile isn't a horrible GM, he obviously has made some decent moves, but I think just like Trotz, its time to move on.
This is the part that upsets me. We were killing it until this trade and honestly, yeah we probably needed to add something but I was totally content with the team we had at the time. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time but it honestly felt like making a move just for the sake of feeling like we had to.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
The most frustrating part is the percieved resistance of the coaching staff to sit down Franson and insert Volch back in the lineup to get back to what worked earlier in the season.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
The most frustrating part is the percieved resistance of the coaching staff to sit down Franson and insert Volch back in the lineup to get back to what worked earlier in the season.
For all we know, the coaching staff is being told by Poile to play Franson as to not admit it was a **** trade. I'm not into conspiracies like that, but just saying.

predfan24

Jul 12, 2006
For all we know, the coaching staff is being told by Poile to play Franson as to not admit it was a **** trade. I'm not into conspiracies like that, but just saying.

I'm sure Lavy and Poile have a working relationship but knowing Lavy's personality I don't think there is any way in hell he would be okay with that so I highly highly doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad