Is it time to move Mike Green? (aka the equally confused thread) x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Man, can we get a General Manager who can read the handwriting that's on the wall?

MIKE GREEN CANNOT STAY HEALTHY.

MIKE GREEN HAS HOLES IN HIS GAME.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TRADED MIKE GREEN. NOW IT'S TOO LATE.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Man, can we get a General Manager who can read the handwriting that's on the wall?

MIKE GREEN CANNOT STAY HEALTHY.

MIKE GREEN HAS HOLES IN HIS GAME.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TRADED MIKE GREEN. NOW IT'S TOO LATE.

Exactly what large holes does he have in his game? His defense has been solid, he is our decompression valve in terms of getting the puck out of our end and up ice. Because he isn't CHris Pronger or Erik Karlsson we seem to feel that he would be a case of addition by subtraction? How did that work out with Semin?

Liberati0n*

I think it depends on whether you think getting him away from the Caps' medical staff, a la Varlamov, will change things for him. IMO he will never stay healthy as a Cap though...

Yup. He has to go.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Exactly what large holes does he have in his game? His defense has been solid, he is our decompression valve in terms of getting the puck out of our end and up ice. Because he isn't CHris Pronger or Erik Karlsson we seem to feel that he would be a case of addition by subtraction? How did that work out with Semin?

Green is supposed to be our #1 Dman. A TOI leader, the guy who conducts the PP, and creates O with his awesome transition game.

For whatever reason (injuries, mostly IMO) his O skills have diminished. Now he plays like a flashy #4 Dman on a good team. And his defense is always pretty shaky at best.

Another hole is that he is injury-prone.

Green is a classic problem. They expect him to be a top guy and he can't play at that level.

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009

His games played and point production has been on a steady decline for 4-5 years now. He can never be counted on to stay on the ice. I wanted him gone since the first interview I seen of him. His sulking weak personalty has no place being a #1 D. And now the people that say he is doing better are trying to make lemon aid out of lemons. His weak personalty show best on the power play. With his nonchalant soft passing. The guy still has some skill and it shows from time to time. But it will never be worth the money he makes. Or give the value we would of got the first few years I wanted him gone.

As for him getting better. He is the average girl standing in a room with a bunch of unattractive girls. He looks better by default.

Another example is Brooks. He is a guy that give a strong effort all the time. And will spend a little time at the net. On a team that does not give strong effort half the time. And really goes to the net. Therefor he looks like a hero.

EDIT - Even I know we can't trade him at this point. We have to hope for the best for our shiny apple that rotted on the vine.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Don't know what to make of Green now. I had high hopes the surgery would be a success. And with all the talk of the new guy taking care of guys running the D - well this latest injury happened when Green was trying to dish a hit.

Sad for him - didn't he pretty much say he'd have to play hockey differently now. This latest injury isn't encouraging for sure.

Liberati0n*

Probably dropping like a stone. Scratched again. Re-injures groin.

Knew this was going to happen when they played him BACK TO BACK GAMES on his friggin return. :shakehead

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...ravates-groin-injury-wont-travel-to-winnipeg/

Oates said the back-to-back was okay because it's the kind of injury that's either healed or not. Apparently it wasn't healed...:help:

Get him healthy enough for a few games in April, come up with some explanation of why that time is different and he's better, ship him the **** out.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oates said the back-to-back was okay because it's the kind of injury that's either healed or not. Apparently it wasn't healed...:help:

Get him healthy enough for a few games in April, come up with some explanation of why that time is different and he's better, ship him the **** out.

Agreed. Some guys are just injury prone. And this particular guy also happens to play a style that puts a bullseye on his back WHILE putting him in harms way quite often. Never liked the re-up.

If Oates really believed what he said, that's troubling. Sounds like he was trying to justify the move. Someone with an injury history and recent surgery is a prime candidate for re-injury as a result of being weakened due to increased demand, especially in back to back days.

Dirtbag59

May 13, 2011
Keep on hatin hat0rz!1!!! Mike Green voted for the second straight year to the most important list in all of hockey.......Cosmos's list of the hottest NHL players.

Mike Green,
Washington Capitals
Thanks to your votes, this Caps defenseman makes our hot list for the second year in a row. Um, yeah—have you seen the guy?

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/sex-love/hot-guys/hot-hockey-players-2013?src=soc_fcbk#slide-1

Then again Dennis Wideman made the list so maybe this isn't legit

MrGone

Nov 18, 2009
I just want him gone at this point. Its cap space wasted. I could see this coming three years ago. :shakehead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad