Is it time to call up Morin, Sanheim or Hagg?

Bob Clarke Fan Club

Feb 14, 2003
Visit site
I just wouldn't want any of our kids to catch the loser virus that's running rampant through Wells Fargo center at the moment. As much as I'd love to see one or more in orange and black this season, think I'd rather see them chase a championship in LV.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, they already ruined Provorov. :sarcasm:

This is your response every time I make that comment and every time I counter with; give them time. Ghost looked great in his rookie year too. :laugh:

Although I do think Provorov, being a cybernetic organism, is probably impervious to Hakslogic.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
It's not Hakstol I'm worried about when it comes to Sanheim - it's Gord Murphy.
What's up with Kimo these days? Last fall there were some rumblings that he was living in the area and open to a job with the Flyers. If that is true and he is healthy, I'd seriously be for having him replace Murphy to work with the defensemen. Today's NHL is made for the style of defense that Timonen played. Speed, positioning and passing are the premium and that was Kimo's card. He could really add some tricks to a player's game like Ghost as well as others.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I rather not put another former player with no coaching experience on the bench again. As it's worked out just as badly as expected with Lappy to this point.

StevensCakeBakerBacker

Nov 11, 2009
What's up with Kimo these days? Last fall there were some rumblings that he was living in the area and open to a job with the Flyers. If that is true and he is healthy, I'd seriously be for having him replace Murphy to work with the defensemen. Today's NHL is made for the style of defense that Timonen played. Speed, positioning and passing are the premium and that was Kimo's card. He could really add some tricks to a player's game like Ghost as well as others.

Even though great players don't automatically make good/great coaches, I would be incredibly excited if this happened. Would love to see Kimo back with the team.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They've done a bang on job on Gostisbehere in his second year.....

Is every player that has a sophmore slump the fault of the coaches? They've given him the same opportunities on PP1 and the same sheltered minutes at 5 on 5 that he got in 15-16.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I just wouldn't want any of our kids to catch the loser virus that's running rampant through Wells Fargo center at the moment. As much as I'd love to see one or more in orange and black this season, think I'd rather see them chase a championship in LV.
I'm with you
they should be serious contenders for the Calder

Blind Donkey

Apr 6, 2016
Yes. Please. Now. The second Morin's 2 game suspension is up.

I'm on a no watch strike until Hak is fired or Morin is brought up. The Oilers game was the final straw. I have NEVER seen such a soft Flyer team. I don't even care if we suck if we have fight. People keep saying that the NHL has changed and there's very little room for fighters and rough stuff...but Anaheim literally fought their way to a cup not too long ago. I would love to see the Flyers zig while everyone else is zagging. Punish teams who embarrass us on the scoreboard. Take instigators when someone looks sideways at G. Let Cousins teach the team sweet nothing whispering one hour a week.

Will it work? I don't know. Honestly, I don't care. What it will do is make this team watchable. I'm Okay with no wins. However, no heart is unacceptable.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania

I'm on a no watch strike until Hak is fired or Morin is brought up. The Oilers game was the final straw. I have NEVER seen such a soft Flyer team. I don't even care if we suck if we have fight. People keep saying that the NHL has changed and there's very little room for fighters and rough stuff...but Anaheim literally fought their way to a cup not too long ago. I would love to see the Flyers zig while everyone else is zagging. Punish teams who embarrass us on the scoreboard. Take instigators when someone looks sideways at G. Let Cousins teach the team sweet nothing whispering one hour a week.

Will it work? I don't know. Honestly, I don't care. What it will do is make this team watchable. I'm Okay with no wins. However, no heart is unacceptable.

With this defense and PK, the last thing we need is to take more penalties. It would only make the losses worse and the game equally as unwatchable.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
This is a soft team simply due to personnel, although they're near the top of the league in hits, they're undersized. No defenseman is above the league average, and among the forwards, only Voracek, Weise and Luby would be larger than average. And Voracek is a wimp.

Mason at 6'4 217 might be the biggest player on the team!

Now when they add guys to the defense like Morin (6'7 224), Sanheim (6'4 202), Hagg (6'2 207), Myers (6'5 207) and Bernhardt (6'3 203), forwards won't be aggressive on the forecheck.

They have a lot of young forwards who should fill out the next 2-3 years:
Rubtsov 6'2 190
Lindblom 6'1 190
Vorobyov 6'2 194
Allison 6'2 205
Bunnaman 6'1 207
Dove-McFalls 6'2 207
Twarynski 6'2 201

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
This is a soft team simply due to personnel, although they're near the top of the league in hits, they're undersized. No defenseman is above the league average, and among the forwards, only Voracek, Weise and Luby would be larger than average. And Voracek is a wimp.

Mason at 6'4 217 might be the biggest player on the team!

Now when they add guys to the defense like Morin (6'7 224), Sanheim (6'4 202), Hagg (6'2 207), Myers (6'5 207) and Bernhardt (6'3 203), forwards won't be aggressive on the forecheck.

They have a lot of young forwards who should fill out the next 2-3 years:
Rubtsov 6'2 190
Lindblom 6'1 190
Vorobyov 6'2 194
Allison 6'2 205
Bunnaman 6'1 207
Dove-McFalls 6'2 207
Twarynski 6'2 201

Shoe size?

Blind Donkey

Apr 6, 2016
With this defense and PK, the last thing we need is to take more penalties. It would only make the losses worse and the game equally as unwatchable.
Nothing could be as unwatchable as this. We are playing the most boring hockey ever seen. Maybe unwatchable to you, but I promise you that many of us yearn to see heart again.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Nothing could be as unwatchable as this. We are playing the most boring hockey ever seen. Maybe unwatchable to you, but I promise you that many of us yearn to see heart again.

The same, or less, goals for, plus more goals against, is definitely more unwatchable.

And doing stupid **** isn't "heart", it's being stupid. If you don't care about winning games and you just want "heart" then go watch UFC or boxing. This is a hockey team, their objective is to win hockey games, and your suggestion makes that less likely.

Blind Donkey

Apr 6, 2016
The same, or less, goals for, plus more goals against, is definitely more unwatchable.

And doing stupid **** isn't "heart", it's being stupid. If you don't care about winning games and you just want "heart" then go watch UFC or boxing. This is a hockey team, their objective is to win hockey games, and your suggestion makes that less likely.

Anaheim fought their way to a cup. We fought our way to two. I see you wish to be cranky like an angry old cat lady, lol. So I'll respond by saying if you wish to see the status quo why don't you watch Brian Boitano? :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anaheim fought their way to a cup. We fought our way to two. I see you wish to be cranky like an angry old cat lady, lol. So I'll respond by saying if you wish to see the status quo why don't you watch Brian Boitano? :laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
98b39b21ff008afaa5cba1e79fc611b2ddb64b3f44f57e792397c517768f4433.jpg

Well we found the problem here. Sorry to break it to you, but it's not the 70's anymore. The Pens didn't "fight their way to a cup", the Blackhawks didn't "fight their way to a cup", the Kings didn't "fight their way to a cup", and neither will we. If we win a cup it won't be from fighting. It'll be speed, skill, and brains... pretty much the opposite of what you want. So, like I said, hockey might not be for you.

Laveuglette

Le meilleur receveur de passes de tous les temps
Apr 5, 2011
Quebec
I would try to get Morin as much exposure to the NHL as I can at this point, so he can be ready next season.

daa5250

May 3, 2016
Philly

Lol you wont be watching for a long time then

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
Agreed id trade Streit and Mdz and then call up Morin and Hagg to get some NHL time

I don't want Sanheim up until he gets a bit stronger. He still needs some seasoning. Morin and Haag would be fine to call up now but why not wait until Streit and DelZotto are gone and the season is toast. I voted no because now is not the time for any of them, but it will be soon for Morin and Haag.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I voted no back in January, but if we trade two dmen by the deadline then yes a dman has to be called up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad