Is it time to call up Morin, Sanheim or Hagg?

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
Our defense is a travesty even though we have 3 good NHL dmen in Gudas, Ghost and Provorov. It is hard to hard overstate how bad MacDonald, DZ etc.. have been. At this point, the Flyers are not making the playoffs. I don't see the harm in having Morin or Sanheim get NHL ice time. Morin is close to ready and Sanheim is showing signs of making the transition to pro hockey. Hagg has also been much better this season.

I think we should see what we have. I don't think their NHL careers will be destroyed by playing them at this level especially when they can't possibly be worse than MacDonald, DZ etc... Let's see what we got. I would give the first two opportunities to Morin and Hagg. But I would not be averse to giving Sanheim a shot this season.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Rebuilding sucks sometimes. When we trade off some guys, maybe they will filter in. There is no rush. Have patience.

Sanheim is just now starting to get completely comfortable in the AHL. Let him bake a little more.

briererocks

Nov 23, 2011
let them win in the AHL. Don't call them up anywhere near this dumpster fire

I disagree. It is a big jump between the AHL and the NHL. Let them at least get a taste. It's not like Boston or Carolina is much better than the Flyers. If Morin can play welll the Flyers can make the playoffs. It's just that their other 3 defensemen are horrendous. Same things goes for Hagg. Maybe he is ready to jump in and contribute.

Sanheim would probably be better served by staying the AHL longer. But I would definitely give Hagg and Morin a shot. They are already AHL veterans.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
We have to go through their growing pains. Mind as well start. Right now we just go through pains and pains and more pains.

R3M1N1SC3

Feb 19, 2012
Morin, yes. The only option of the three, I MO. I say yes because of his physicality, range, and net presence.

He is the only one who at this moment would make a difference.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Not going to lie. I don't know how much more of this I can watch.

What a terribly flawed group. All over.

The forward group is actually pretty damn bad at this point, and it's our best unit.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I'd be fine with it just to break this monotony. But realistically hextall will call them up when they are ready and that is the only thing that should dictate the decision

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
I'd be fine with it just to break this monotony. But realistically hextall will call them up when they are ready and that is the only thing that should dictate the decision
Morin's playing his second AHL season. Shouldn't that be enough at this point? There's only so much you can learn without actually playing NHL hockey.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'm not even sure if I want them around this at this point. :laugh:

I don't think Hextall brings any of them up any time soon anyway. Maybe later in the year when the pressure is fully off.

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
I agree with Stolarz. Give him a shot. Mason is a shell of what he has been the past few seasons.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I voted yes because I would call up Hagg.

Let Morin and Sanheim be a part of the winning culture down there and has success for the rest of the season.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Voted no because coming up to the team right now isn't going to help with anything. The team can't be salvaged this season and it's better for them to keep developing in the AHL and hopefully go on a run in the playoffs.

bobbyboucher24

May 9, 2002
Philadelphia, USA
Visit site
I voted yes. Would be ok with calling up Hagg. Would also consider Stolie but would probably need to dump Mason or Neuvy first. I definitely leave Sanheim down for the whole season. Morin possibly after the trade deadline if they dump 1 of the vets.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
imo any sort of decision of any of them coming up will depend on what-if anything-happens at the tradedeadline.

CanadianSniper

Nov 11, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
It would make the team better, but dear God I don't want them to have to experience this dumpster fire of a team as their first NHL experience.
Deal as many ot Streit, MDZ, Schultz, and (wishful thinking) AMac as possible at the deadline and then call them up.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I wouldn't mind Hagg. I think he's going to get lost in the shuffle eventually, so might as well see what he's got now.

Ernest95

Jul 10, 2015
Philly
Just because this team is sucking now doesn't mean we should throw them into the fire, sure bringing them up "may" not hurt them, but what if it does and we screw what they could've been just because we want to suck a little less. As someone above stated let them be part of the winning culture on the phantoms, and if they get ousted maybe bring Morin up at the end of the year.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Maybe we should trade MDZ, Streit and Schultz.....and bring up Brennan and O'Neil and let the kids in the AHL get all the icetime down there.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad