Is it time to admit Drouin is a bust ?

bobbyking

May 29, 2018
Edmonton should try to buy low on him. I think he could look great on McDavid’s wing.

He’s definitely not a bust though lol. In what world is 50 points is a bust? He’s at least better than half the forwards in this league.
Drouin in the right system is easily a ppg

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Not at all. He's been in a bad slump and is still a 50 point player. I'd take him back in Tampa in a second. He would be absolutely dynamic with Stamkos. Unfortunately for Drouin he's never gonna be "the guy" but will thrive under correct circumstances. On Stamkos' line 25 goals and 60 points with possibility for more is realistic

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Not a bust but a good 3rd liner on well build teams. If he had a little work ethic, he can easily become an excellent 2nd line winger but he's 24 and next season, he can have a career season.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Drouin was the best junior player I've ever seen live, it was absurd the things he could do with the puck every shift.

It just doesn't work in the NHL though, unfortunately really because it was damn entertaining to watch.

Reactions: Cats2TheCup

Zalos

Berktwad
Feb 2, 2009
Quebec
Lol at the guy who said Drouin would be a good 3rd liner... You are smoking some good shit.

Drouin had a good year until this final stretch. I was expecting him to be in the 65-70 pts range this season. He falled short, in the end, but they didn't succeed in finding him a stable line to play on.

He's not really that different here compared to the way he was in Tampa. The difference is that he is not playing with Stamkos or Kucherov.

As for the trade, I still think it's pretty even. Sergachev isn't a superstar either.

Reactions: NatoGhost

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Drouin was the best junior player I've ever seen live, it was absurd the things he could do with the puck every shift.

It just doesn't work in the NHL though, unfortunately really because it was damn entertaining to watch.

yeah he was a beast

i love that roster from those years. drouin, mackinnon, weegar, frk, abeltshauser, ashley and lewis

machine

Reactions: Sakicfakesittakesit

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
yeah he was a beast

i love that roster from those years. drouin, mackinnon, weegar, frk, abeltshauser, ashley and lewis

machine

Oh yeah that roster was nuts, the year after when it was just him and Ehlers is when I remember him just winning games on his own. One game against my Eagles he put up 7 points lmfao, SEVEN it was like he was playing against peewees.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Oh yeah that roster was nuts, the year after when it was just him and Ehlers is when I remember him just winning games on his own. One game against my Eagles he put up 7 points lmfao, SEVEN it was like he was playing against peewees.

ashley and weegar were still high end players st that point but yeah was a drop off

(best jr player i remember from then was andrighetto. make drouin look like a chump when they played)

Reactions: Emerz

Roksta

Jul 27, 2011
One of the most respected scouting staffs in the NHL did too. Should we laugh about all the people Bennett was supposed to be better than?

And to be fair Monahan is not that special, just plays for a good team with good offensive players

Would Drouin have done better spending the season with guys like Gaudreau or Tkachuk? Who knows

+ Claude Julien is killing him

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The question is do they have the patience to wait until Koko Niemi emerges as the #1? He could be really dynamic on that kids wing in a year or two.

Or are they going to run him out of town as usual

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
He’s definitely not a star, I think he should be though, some nights I tune into a Montreal game and he looks like the best forward on the ice. Then the next game you have to check and see if he was even in the lineup.

He will be a life long Hab though just because he’s French Canadian, and they sold off sergachev so they wouldn’t want to trade him anytime soon

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
One of the softest players in the league. He can get by on talent alone and that I think is his attitude. Maybe he gets better, maybe not, wouldn't bet on it.

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Not a bust by any means but for where he was drafted and what he was expected to be he has been a massive disappointment. There's still time for him to turn it around tho.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
And to be fair Monahan is not that special, just plays for a good team with good offensive players

Would Drouin have done better spending the season with guys like Gaudreau or Tkachuk? Who knows

+ Claude Julien is killing him

He was in Tampa....last I checked they had good players

This claims that Monahan is only good because he plays with good players is getting old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad