Is it time to admit Drouin is a bust ?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
He can play in the league and he'll stick around but he won't ever be the impact franchise player people thought he might be. 'Disappointment' is probably a better way to put it.

Yeah, he's not a bust in terms of draft position. 50 points is a good player. But four guys in that draft were considered future franchise players, and Drouin was one of them. Unless something changes, it seems unlikely he'll get anywhere close to that.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He is the worst player in the league on any given night over the past few months

He is awful....

HUGE reason that the Habs will likely miss the playoffs... I hope they trade him for whatever they can get this summer. When he's not producing he's one of the worst players in the league and he has shown he can go long, long stretches where he doesnt produce. I hate his game so so much

Reactions: ThisIsMyAlibi

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He’s got one goal since February 9.

February.

Nine.

Recorded points in 2 games since Feb 9. When his team needed him most he threw on an invisibility cloak and f***ed off for Butterbeers. :laugh:

He’s wildly talented but seriously lacking drive and give a damn. That won’t fly much longer under Julien. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he’s not a Canadien in October.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
He needs to leave mtl, hes dying on the ice for the habs, poor kid thought he had it all, fans and the media in mtl are tearing him apart. :laugh:

Reactions: HOPE

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Edmonton should try to buy low on him. I think he could look great on McDavid’s wing.

He’s definitely not a bust though lol. In what world is 50 points is a bust? He’s at least better than half the forwards in this league.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
He needs to leave mtl, hes dying on the ice for the habs, poor kid thought he had it all, fans and the media in mtl are tearing him apart.

He has brought that on himself though, no?

Edmonton should try to buy low on him. I think he could look great on McDavid’s wing.

He’s definitely not a bust though lol. In what world is 50 points is a bust? He’s at least better than half the forwards in this league.

He's not the type of player Edmonton can devote 5.5mil in capspace to. Their issue is team defence and he is one of the worst defensive players in the league. He's not in the top 100 in scoring, if youre a 2nd liner who disappears for a huge amount of time and gets easy minutes and is awful defensively, you're not a particularly valuable player. He has been the worst player on the ice in so many games this year its insane

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
Drouin has been a bust for three years. The guy is 24 now. Should be in his prime. It's simply the time to adjust expectations. He's a decent player for the $$$ he makes, and will probably have a long journeyman-type NHL career.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
One of the most respected scouting staffs in the NHL did too. Should we laugh about all the people Bennett was supposed to be better than?

The difference is is that people were making the claims I posted after Monahan's 3rd year in the league where he had more goals and points than anyone in his draft class (even more than MacKinnon).

I am confident no one (except OKG) was making any of the same claims about Bennett after his 3rd year.

CartographerNo611

Oct 11, 2014
As salaries balloon like crazy again, his contract will be more reasonable. Just a tragic case of all flash with little hockey IQ. What made Gretzky, Mario, and Crosby so great was they had oozles of talent with insane hockey IQ. He was never going to be a superstar but more a youtube highligh every once in a while.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Habs/Oilers fans have explored it. Some want a top ten pick and no salary going back. That ain’t happening. Others would send him our way for bus fare.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He is the worst player in the league on any given night over the past few months

He is awful....

HUGE reason that the Habs will likely miss the playoffs... I hope they trade him for whatever they can get this summer. When he's not producing he's one of the worst players in the league and he has shown he can go long, long stretches where he doesnt produce. I hate his game so so much

In fairness, Montreal wasn't supposed to make the playoffs anyways. They overachieved most of the season so you can't pin it on one player. But they've turned it around and are a competitive team so add a few more pieces and they should sneak in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad