Is it time for Oilers to trade McDavid or Draisaitl

Should the Oilers trade McDavid or Driasaitl?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Anyway.

Hell no. You do not let players like McDavid and Draisaitl leave. You gotta build around them until you find the right formula.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Anyway.

Hell no. You do not let players like McDavid and Draisaitl leave. You gotta build around them until you find the right formula.

Time is up. They surrounded them with overpaid grinders. How the f*** do you get the right formula with players like RNH, Nurse and Hyman on NMC:s while overpaying? :D
It`s nice to have the best player in hockey, but is it nicer to barely make playoffs and loose than get the cup?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Round out the team how? Clearly you aren’t trading McDavid, so you want to get rid of Draisaitl who is ~$3M underpaid?

What would you get with his $8M? Have you seen the contracts of today? Maybe a #4D and a 2nd/3rd line tweener? Like 3 3rd/4th line forwards?

The solution comes from actually drafting quality talent and getting rid of garbage players like Kassian/Ceci/Koskinen

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can just picture Holland now. Trading Draisaitl for Jonathan Toews straight up and talking about getting more leadership and cup experience.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Round out the team how? Clearly you aren’t trading McDavid, so you want to get rid of Draisaitl who is ~$3M underpaid?

What would you get with his $8M? Have you seen the contracts of today? Maybe a #4D and a 2nd/3rd line tweener? Like 3 3rd/4th line forwards?

The solution comes from actually drafting quality talent and getting rid of garbage players like Kassian/Ceci/Koskinen

How do you get rid of bad contracts without sweatning them? Jeesus... Then you have to pay picks and prospects. Best thing would be trade McDavid for a HAUL. 1C, 1D/1LW or RW, top prospects + picks. McD might be the best offensive player there is, but getting a defensive minded ppg+ 1C, a top-pairing D/1st liner wing + prospects + picks would actually make a better team.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
I can just picture Holland now. Trading Draisaitl for Jonathan Toews straight up and talking about getting more leadership and cup experience.

Actually if I eould trade either - McDavid is the one. Draisaitl at his cap is much more valuable for the team.

tapi

Oct 25, 2009
The value that could be garnered by trading McDavid would be incredible. As good as he is, can he win a play-off series, yet a Stanley Cup, by himself? I think we all know the answer. As it stands, the Oilers have a hard time making the play-offs. While it would be difficult from a fan perspective, to see such a move,, the administration should consider even this prospect seriously, should the right avenue present itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad