Is HFBoards sleeping on Stamkos again?!

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Stamkos has been heating up lately but it seems like nobody on HFBoards have noticed. Stamkos is not just the most handsome goalscorer but he's also the hottest goal scorer since about a month ago. Last time Stamkos was this hot he ended up breaking the all time points record for April and had the best playoffs of his career. This could spell trouble for the Bruins and my Leafs come playoffs...

HFpapi

Mar 6, 2010
Toronto/Amsterdam
He might not be as dynamic as he once was but Kucherov and Hedman definitely have been causing Stamkos to be overlooked lately from a career perspective.

He's one goal away from his 7th 40 goal season which is the same number as guys like Kurri, Selanne, Hawerchuk. (And more than guys like Jagr, Lafleur, Yzerman, Shanahan).

He has a real shot at 650 goals.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Stamkos has been heating up lately but it seems like nobody on HFBoards have noticed. Stamkos is not just the most handsome goalscorer but he's also the hottest goal scorer since about a month ago. Last time Stamkos was this hot he ended up breaking the all time points record for April and had the best playoffs of his career. This could spell trouble for the Bruins and my Leafs come playoffs...
These random statements to create talking points that have nothing to do with the topic. Classic Mulletman.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
5/5 on the reverse jinx thread!
ddmcdqs-ecd2b865-fa25-4550-adf0-f5962af5484f.png

Reactions: Summer Rose

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Obviously the results speak for themselves, but I don't think his overall game has been all that impressive. He's still useful as a trigger man, but basically Ovechkin Lite in that regard.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Obviously the results speak for themselves, but I don't think his overall game has been all that impressive. He's still useful as a trigger man, but basically Ovechkin Lite in that regard.
Stamkos has 9 more goals than Ovechkin this season so far. Lately it seems like Stamkos has developed his onetimer to get more power behind his shot as well. If he stays hot Stamkos could end up hitting 45 goals this season and set a new career high in goals for a single playoff run.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
He's the same ol' Stamkos he's always been, just a bit hotter this past month. I don't blame people for sleeping, especially since his playoffs effectiveness will be limited with less PP chances.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Stamkos has 9 more goals than Ovechkin this season so far. Lately it seems like Stamkos has developed his onetimer to get more power behind his shot as well. If he stays hot Stamkos could end up hitting 45 goals this season and set a new career high in goals for a single playoff run.
A lot of goals Stamkos has only scored because of great passes from Kucherov or sometimes Point and Hedman. With Dylan Strome his stat line would be different.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Nothing excites me more than a morning mulletman thread

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
A lot of goals Stamkos has only scored because of great passes from Kucherov or sometimes Point and Hedman. With Dylan Strome his stat line would be different.
This has been used as an excuse for Stamkos scoring his whole career. Back in the day Stamkos only scored because of passes from St Louis and the Michael Jordan of hockey...

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Look I love Stammer and he is our Captain. But he has been ass a majority of this season and until he shows up during the playoffs he will always be slept on per se.

Last edited:
Reactions: vshun

sr edler

gold is not reality
Mar 20, 2010
My favourite Stamkos trivia is probably that he's got less career playoff goals and less career playoff points to date than Ondrej Palat (who's also better defensively).

• Wow
Reactions: HolyHagelin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad