Is Griffin Reinhart the Slowest Defenseman in the AHL?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
changed the title from League to AHL, because if tonight was any indication then he's not ready (and might never be)

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Change it to "world".

not accurate unfortunately.

But my god I was shocked to see how bad he was tonight. 35% Corsi, unless he drastically improves his footspeed he's not a NHLer

You got guys like Dorsett beating him wide every single time

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Is the kid really that bad? I haven't seen him play in a long time, but remember him having a decent amount of hype. Odd to see him picked that high, if his skating is indeed that bad.

Is he Logan Stanley slow?

ijuka

May 14, 2016
After watching Oilers vs Canucks I can with confidence say that the answer is yes AINEC.

I think he got walked around like 4 times in one shift.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
I'd whine about this being another blatant Oilers bash thread on the mains, but we actually deserve it for this ****ing trade. :laugh:

Reinhart supposedly spent all summer working on his footspeed too.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I've been saying this for awhile. Obviously NYI saw it too. Edmonton got hosed on that trade. Could have had Barzal/Connor/Chabot and Stephens/Dermott/Aho/Carlo (just for instance) man did they blow it.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I'd whine about this being another blatant Oilers bash thread on the mains, but we actually deserve it for this ****ing trade. :laugh:

His performance tonight was thread-worthy

I see footspeed criticisms for many prospects/players and nearly always, it's not as bad as what's being said. But this is the opposite

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Not only is he slow but he is bad with angles and positioning and doesn't utilize his reach. Which would mitigate some of the footspeed issues.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
I've been saying this for awhile. Obviously NYI saw it too. Edmonton got hosed on that trade. Could have had Barzal/Connor/Chabot and Stephens/Dermott/Aho/Carlo (just for instance) man did they blow it.
Bit my tongue when the trade happened hoping his issues were overblown. They weren't, he's done nothing to show that he's going to be an NHL defenseman. Just real bad.

He was on the Oilers first pairing tonight, clearly he had a spot on the Oilers blueline but might play off it
He doesn't have a spot. There are six dmen clearly ahead of him, Gryba on a PTO, and then maybe Osterle.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
He's going to get passed by Bear and Jones at this rate.

Him getting beat wide is honestly a beautiful thing to see aesthetically, if someone made a highlight real of him getting beat id put it in the Louvre. It could make an AHL depth forward look like a superstar on his way to goal of the year material.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Not only is he slow but he is bad with angles and positioning and doesn't utilize his reach. Which would mitigate some of the footspeed issues.

What was crazy was guys weren't even being drive wide they were just going by him like you would walk around someone on a footpath.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad