Is Getzlaf getting away with too much?

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Oh ok. So I'd be more believable if I was one of the devoted posters making stuff up and pretending to know everything about every player/team/call/trade/etc? How many posts do I need to be able to claim that I played hockey with someone who plays in the NHL. In fact I've played with others in the NHL too. I'll take my 10 posts(?) and leave.

It's not really a matter of posts, it's just that it's very convenient that a thread like this pops up and suddenly an old teammate with a relatively new account comes along and claims to have first hand experience. It's just very suspicious.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pens and Toronto fans said the same about the jackets (the leafs were the last game of the season and we won costing them a favorable matchup forcing them to play the caps). The only people that complain are soft teams that don't have the blue color hard working players on there team.

Weren't you the one who blamed the refs for the CBJ not winning that series vs. the Pens? That is literally complaining. In fact, I've seen you do it a lot.

Pens fans didn't complain too much, it was too short of a series. :sarcasm:

Jul 22, 2012
The only thing that has any weight in this thread is that veteran players get away with more than rookies/younger players. That's 100% true. Getzlaf is no different from any other veteran star player.

Just look at Nick Ritchie, he gets called for everything he does because he's a hard nosed rookie. It's just how the league is.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
It's not really a matter of posts, it's just that it's very convenient that a thread like this pops up and suddenly an old teammate with a relatively new account comes along and claims to have first hand experience. It's just very suspicious.

what does the guy stand to gain from randomly making stuff up for no reason? lol, that is what sounds suspicious to me. he's not trying to orchestrate a cash scam or some thing.
if he is lying, okay, or if you assume randomly that he is, okay. but no point in accusing a guy of lying or that he might be. just let it go, or take his word.

it's funny how things can seem 'hard to believe' that shouldn't be, and have legitimate thoughts there fore be assumed to be lies. or just prevent a poster from sharing things cuz ppl will assume you are lying. Jody Shelley taught me how to fight (on skates/with gear on), true story. but now there is no point to even mention it if i had relevent information taken away from it that pretained to a thread, if it just makes ppl think youre a liar. i have plenty of on the ice and off the ice interactions with present or former nhl and chl players, and I'm sure plenty of other posters do too. in fact im sure plenty of posters or readers are current or former players themselves, or team staff. the best thing to do is conceal that and not contribute any personal anecdotes tho, sadly.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
what does the guy stand to gain from randomly making stuff up for no reason? lol, that is what sounds suspicious to me. he's not trying to orchestrate a cash scam or some thing.
if he is lying, okay, or if you assume randomly that he is, okay. but no point in accusing a guy of lying or that he might be. just let it go, or take his word.

it's funny how things can seem 'hard to believe' that shouldn't be, and have legitimate thoughts there fore be assumed to be lies. or just prevent a poster from sharing things cuz ppl will assume you are lying. Jody Shelley taught me how to fight (on skates/with gear on), true story. but now there is no point to even mention it if i had relevent information taken away from it that pretained to a thread, if it just makes ppl think youre a liar. i have plenty of on the ice and off the ice interactions with present or former nhl and chl players, and I'm sure plenty of other posters do too. in fact im sure plenty of posters or readers are current or former players themselves, or team staff. the best thing to do is conceal that and not contribute any personal anecdotes tho, sadly.

So when somebody who has no credibility says something we should just take their word for it? The fact is that people lie all the time to prove a point or to try to win an argument (and sometimes for no reason at all), especially on the internet. And thats the reason for the libel rules on this forum.

hockeydemon05

Sep 5, 2005
So Cal
Really? I played with Getzlaf and it's true. Watch when he talks to the refs. He kisses there *** a little then gets discussing calls. When the ref says something he doesn't like he gives the no way dirty look. He plays it very well and did even when I played with him. I wouldn't expect an Anaheim fan to agree but the precious Ducks have been riding some very favourable calls/non calls these playoffs.

Isn't that the captain's job? When I play goalie (field hockey) I constantly feel like I'm lobbying for calls/asking for explanations.

If I do it right, I always have an audience with the referee and they're more likely to side with me on ticky tacky calls or over the guy yelling obscenities at the ref over a missed call..

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
It seems to me the two fan bases upset the most are Calgary and Edmonton. Coincidentally both these teams haven't experienced playoff hockey in recent years with the exception of Calgary two years ago. I'll give the fans and players and pass on this one. Apparently they still have lots to learn.

:laugh:

This post is the epitome of condescendence...

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Getzlaf: the guy who will never win another cup but has the respect of all the refs. That's probably fulfilling in some way, I guess.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

It's the internet, people will say anything just to get their jollies and cause chaos; there doesn't need to be some personal gain beyond simple satisfaction.

I don't understand why it's contentious to simply point out that the user probably has no way of proving that experience and therefore his comment is basically just hearsay. He's attempting to speak with an air of authority that he can't really substantiate.

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
:laugh:

This post is the epitome of condescendence...

It is true tho. Nashville fans have been pretty chill so far.
Against the Flames and the Oilers, the screeching about the refs started right after game one and didn't stop until the next round started.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Explain how Lucic gets away with his stuff then? That's a Canadian jersey. Emlin gets away with some malicious head shots and never gets punished. Subban got away with everything and dove to get calls on other guys. Ever hear the phrase Montreal typical?

Lucic: 20 PIM in 13 games
Getzlaf: 6 PIM in 14 games.

Hmmm.

ThatAvsGamer

Feb 21, 2013
Ontario
No, he is what we need in the playoffs.

As a neutral fan there is way more entertainment value in the Ducks than there is in the Penguins or was in the Capitals simply because they have character.

I watched the Flames this year just for Tkachuk.

Ducks are boring to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad