Is everyone enjoying the season?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I'd love to enjoy the season thus far but I pay too much attention to the media (mainstream and twitter) who seem hellbent on making Leaf fans fear the rest of the season.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
I get hyped up before every game expecting us to somehow play a FULL 60 minutes and end up disappointed every single time. I'll continue being excited but how long can this really last?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
While the wins and points is nice as its moving us closer to a playoff spot with each passing one.

However I wished we played better and not being outplayed, out shot and dominated in most games saved only by strong goaltending to believe we're becoming more Cup competitive.

Its the getting better as a team that seems to be missing as luck and being opportunistic seem to be the bottom line of this years current success story.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Its funny that the better the leafs do, the less the fans enjoy it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

Do you enjoy every movie you watch, if it has a happy ending?

Similarly if your entertainment is a hockey game, do you enjoy them all if they have a happy ending regardless of the play throughout.

There are bad movies and bad hockey games and you can't like them all, wishing they had a better script making them more enjoyable.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010

Similarly if your entertainment is a hockey game, do you enjoy them all if they have a happy ending regardless of the play throughout.

There are bad movies and bad hockey games and you can't like them all, wishing they had a better script making them more enjoyable.

Point taken but at the end of the day playing like crap and winning always feels better than playing great and loosing.

pooleboy

Dec 23, 2009
Ontario
welcome to leaf nation! ice hockey is a very good sport to watch and imo the most exciting sport there is, has everything....

and yea cant complain when were one of the top teams in the league ;)

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

No to the first, yes to the second.

Every win is a step closer to the goal and I enjoy every step.

But I don't pretend to be an expert analyst like many, so I don't get a fussed about every shift.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

09-10: 74pts
10-11: 80pts
11-12: 101pts pace
12-13: 106pts pace

and leafs fans just get angrier and angrier every year.

it's pretty damn funny.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

it's pretty damn funny.

Yea but they're not winning the "right way".

Honestly better than skating circles around the opponent, getting 30+ shots and having a losing season...which is what we were for a long time.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board

it's pretty damn funny.

They announced the other day that Leafs are setting new records in shot differentials this season as a negative.

Only 3 other teams since 1967 have been out shot by double digits in a game within a season as often as the Leafs have this year already. That included the expansion Washington Capitals in their initial season among them and all those other teams ended up near the bottom of the league standings eventually.

So while Leafs are still winning it isn't pretty and some would say pretty fortunate as well to have this record being outplayed as often as they have and come away with victories. Its not a very flattering stat to be ranked among the worst teams throughout history, despite what the current record says.

Hopefully the team can turn their play around and/or it doesn't cost them a playoff spot in the end.

Last edited:

Blair

Oct 15, 2006
Edmonton, AB

Yeah 11-6-0 same at Pittsburgh. Looking at the stats there are some weird similarities between the leafs and pens. Both teams have scored 2.88 goals per game and have given up 2.35 goals per game. Both teams have a powerplay at 21.7% although Pittsburgh's penalty kill rounds to 83.8% - a whopping 0.1% higher than ours.

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Ya seriously stay away from these boards. When we lose, they complain. When we win, they complain. When we trade or sign anybody, they complain. It's a vicious cycle. I'm convinced if we won the cup and lost the first game of the next season people woule still say to fire Carlyle.

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
Can't complain about our place within the standings. I expected a middle of the pack playoff team, third or one of the last two wild card spots, and that's exactly what we're getting.

Sure the team relies heavily on goaltending. Most teams do. Where would the Quinn Leaf teams have been without Cujo? Run and gun basement dwellers.

While some of the decisions made during the rebuild of this hockey club weren't my first choices, I'm extremely pleased with the end result.

I've always viewed the road to the cup in three stages:

1) Rebuild the hockey club
2) Consistently qualifying for the playoffs
3) Add the remaining few pieces to become a contender

Another playoff birth this season should accomplish #2. The core of this team is relatively young, mixed in with a solid group of vets.

The next wave of drafted talent will be pushing for roster spots and allow Nonis to trade for a few more solid pieces. That process started this summer with the Bolland and Bernier trades. It's obvious our D could use an upgrade or two so I expect this area to be addressed before next season.

Be patient and enjoy the road to the playoffs. ;)

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009

God help this fan base when we win the cup.

I - am loving this season :)
A: we have hockey. this time last year we had zero hockey.
B: the leafs are tied 2nd in the conference - with a decimated club
C: while we're not playing consistantly, we have flashes of brilliance. which makes me eager to see what this club will do when healthy.
D: we've got two studs in net

pretty good to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad