Is everyone enjoying the season?

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I am. Had a few ups and downs but can't complain while we're winning. There are obviously things we can improve on though.

Grant

LL Genius
Jan 16, 2012
London
As a long time hockey fan, thoroughly enjoying it :D

Side question, what made you pick the leafs?

Fabulous

Life & Death
May 13, 2013
Canada
The team has been struggling but is finding ways to win, I'm happy with it. Just got to pick our game up. Go Leafs Go!

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
I think the shortened season spoiled me a bit. Last season the games seemed to have a bit more of a sense of urgency to them, but obviously I can't complain much with how the Leafs have started.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
Surprised how they are winning games. They've been outworked, outshot, and outplayed most nights.

Playing like hot garbage right now. Leafs forgot how to be physical.

Machinae

Jul 6, 2007
Mississauga, ON
The team is absolutely horrible to watch. Extremely boring play unless you're a fan of the other team. But they're winning so it's OK.

glg51*

You wouldn't think so by reading this board. Leaf fans are a depressing and pessimistic bunch.

I for one am enjoying the season.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
Surprised how they are winning games. They've been outworked, outshot, and outplayed most nights.

Playing like hot garbage right now. Leafs forgot how to be physical.
That's not true at all... just because the team isn't fighting doesn't mean they aren't playing physically.

Winning is fun, and the Leafs are winning.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
As a long time hockey fan, thoroughly enjoying it :D

Side question, what made you pick the leafs?

Ditto. Things are lookin up, lookin good.... and Id hazard to guess the thread starter & op, new fan to the game & Leafs picked Toronto because were the greatest franchise in the history of the NHL. Has good taste. Understands weve just been foolin around for the past few decades. No worries. Turn it on & off like a light switch. Too damn easy really. Lull everyone else into complacency then BAM! Smoke the league like a peace pipe. Just a matter of time.

slavis34

Oct 12, 2013
Ditto. Things are lookin up, lookin good.... and Id hazard to guess the thread starter & op, new fan to the game & Leafs picked Toronto because were the greatest franchise in the history of the NHL. Has good taste. Understands weve just been foolin around for the past few decades. No worries. Turn it on & off like a light switch. Too damn easy really. Lull everyone else into complacency then BAM! Smoke the league like a peace pipe. Just a matter of time.

Ughh... I believe that title belongs to the Montreal Canadiens, and I don't think it's close.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ughh... I believe that title belongs to the Montreal Canadiens, and I don't think it's close.

Thats what "they" would like you to believe. Just ignore it. Jealous. :tmi:

oh, and welcome to hf lavis!

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
I'm not loving this season at all for many reasons-

1. Lack of a system- We just sit there and let other teams shoot on us hoping our goalie saves it and that we get lucky with a few quick strikes

2. Mental goofups multipe times a guy

3. No puck possession

4. No sense of compete or urgency out there

5. Being decimated with injuries- Bozak (out for a month), Bolland (gone for months), Fraser (missed a few weeks), Kulemin (missed a few weeks), Riemer (missed a game or two).

Kyle Doobas*

The team's record aside, I'm just glad to be watching hockey in October/November again.

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

yeah fo sho!

at our worst moment we can all say we hit rock bottom in the past and are now on our way up. and that's just the worst thing we can say.

better yet we can say we are showing this year that last year was no mistake. even tho the year before we started good...and then 18 wheeler...we're not like that now. we're actually a good team now. it's more about doing well in the playoffs than crying about the draft lottery.

and our best days are yet to come - but they're definitely coming! :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad