Is Erik Karlsson still a top 5-10 dman?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psycat

Oct 25, 2016
Is he though? I don’t really see how you can make that call. He isn’t even the undipusted best defenseman....

The Sharks were doing great before EK. Your also forgetting how great Burns and company is playing. But ya give EK all the credit, not surprised.

Again with your stupid scenerios. Fact is you can’t make any such claims. EK has also been sheltered a majority of this season, allowing him and Burns to take on a more offensive role. The Sharks aren’t living and dying with EK.

To me he is the undisputed best defenceman over the last 5 years or so. I mean you literally refer to several players that are in contention for best forward so I can't really see the difference even if he wouldn't be the concensus.

Fact is he is awesome defensively, would even argue he always has been just that in Ottawa he had to take risks because he was the team at times. I mean every time he played with good teams he looked more than capable defensively while still contributing offensively at a torrid pace. First d-man since Orr to lead league in assists and so on- nothing to scoff at really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad