Is Ekblad most talented Dman in NHL?

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Karlsson is silky smooth but talent/potential wise? Hedman is 25 in his prime and I still feel he has a couple notches left to go, probably the biggest skillset/tools of any defenseman outhere.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Karlsson is silky smooth but talent/potential wise? Hedman is 25 in his prime and I still feel he has a couple notches left to go, probably the biggest skillset/tools of any defenseman outhere.

Hmmm, how old is karlsson again? :sarcasm:

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
The thing is, Doughty at 19 was much better than Ekblad at 19.

So Ekblad has some serious ground to make up.

Acknowledging that this thread asked a question that has an obvious answer, in what way was Doughty better at 19 than Ekblad?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I'm not sure what we mean by talent. I think Ekblad has the potential to win Norris trophies, if that's the question. If we're talking highlight reel plays, then Karlsson, Burns, Keith and Gostisbehere definitely ahead of him.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Not even close.

He plays a very mature game but I question his ultimate upside. He doesn't flash superstar potential to me.

Also, it's Karlsson by a mile. Karlsson is a generational talent. People will be telling their grandkids about Karlsson.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
He's no Hampus Lindholm.

Not even Hampus Lindholm is Hampus Lindholm.

And on topic.

Talent is a vague concept.

For all you know, the 50 guys with the most talent to play hockey chose other sports.

Skill is the level you are at now.

Talent is what you could possibly become if everything goes right. And who the hell knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad