Votes: 14 6.6%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 183 85.9%

• Total voters

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Do you have examples of plays from last night that lead you to believe he isn't showing signs of a high ankle sprain?

I still haven't deleted it from my PVR. I'd seriously be interested in watching that.
That spinorama pass he made was something else. About as good as his shootout attempt.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
What do you suggest?
A public poll so we can all see how everyone voted... if someone wants anonymity they can abstain from voting.

I noticed in a recent poll there were posters voting I've never seen around before and posters who have been members on HF boards for a decade with 15 posts.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Do you have examples of plays from last night that lead you to believe he isn't showing signs of a high ankle sprain?

I still haven't deleted it from my PVR. I'd seriously be interested in watching that.
Why just last night? We have heard about it on this forum all season

Ive seen him do incredible escape turns in the ozone all season. Seen him beat guys with speed all season. Seen him shoot off all edges. Ask someone with a high ankle sprain what its like to shoot off that foot.

He was injured last playoff and was a warrior. I dont believe hes injured now.

My belief is that we would not risk playing a valuable player like this if he were injured. We would get him the treatment he needs so he can be ready for a long playoff. If Im wrong, the Oilers brass are worse than we think.

I'd never trade Draisaitl but that's complete bullshit.

How did you vote?
Fyi

I did not vote

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Even if they’re costing you games?
yes

again, did the Pens sit Crosby for "costing them games" by going -6 in a 4-game losing streak?

Elias Petterson, Nathan MacKinnon, Seth Jones...

I only watched the Pacific game.

Do you agree that those three played better than Drai at the ASG, or are you just being contrary for the lols?
sure
but who the f*** cares who plays good at the All-Star game, a glorified scrimage? lmao

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
yes

again, did the Pens sit Crosby for "costing them games" by going -6 in a 4-game losing streak?

sure
but who the f*** cares who plays good at the All-Star game, a glorified scrimage? lmao
I mean, Crosby is just a wee bit better than Draisatl.

If Drai isn’t hurt then he should be held accountable for poor play that isn’t helping the team win. Do you think he should continue to play on the top line?

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Because last night was Draisaitl's worst game of the season by far.

Show, don't tell.

Based on what? You claimed his edge work was proof of that so let's see an example.
I did not say it was his worst game of the season. You must have me confused with someone else.

Im not digging up video to prove that Draisaitl has made incredible plays all season using his speed and edge work. Sounds kinda ridiculous doesn't it?

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022

So why say this?

lmao...as opposed to who?

You laughed at the fact that Drai dragged ass at the all-star game and asked who played better. When I shared who played better you said who cares.

Why not just say who cares in the first place?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
I mean, Crosby is just a wee bit better than Draisatl.

If Drai isn’t hurt then he should be held accountable for poor play that isn’t helping the team win. Do you think he should continue to play on the top line?
absolutely...he's their 2nd best player and gives the Oilers the best chance to win

a whopping 2-game funk isn't gonna change that...dude's on pace for 110 points FFS

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Maybe Heiskanen? McAvoy? Or an aging Josi or Hedman? Even Karlsson. We may have to add but it’s at least something to consider.
Okay, so now there's somewhere to start.

Heiskanen. After him there largest minute eater is a 38 year Suter. Then it's Haakanpa and Lindell. Quite a drop in quality there leading to them needing to find another number 1. For forward they already have very productive young players in Robertson and Hintz. So losing Heiskanen is more detrimental than the benefit gained by having Draisaitl. Also, they'd be giving up 6+ years of Heiskenan for 2+ years of Draisaitl. Dallas laughs at the offer.

McAvoy. Fortunately they do have one other quality dman under thirty in Lindholm, but again the drop from McAvoy to any of there 3/4/5 d-men is massive. They'd be giving up 7+ years of McAvoy for 2+ years of Draisaitl. However, their forwards are a bit older, so maybe they'd consider it a year from now if they thought they could extend him, but they don't really need him this year with 8 forwards already over 10 goals on the year. Edmonton would need to add significantly in this trade.

Josi - Again giving up 5+ years for 2+ years, though maybe the fact he's 37 when the contract runs out they consider it as they might be staring at a rebuild. But if they rebuild, would they be able to extend Draisaitl? They do have some other decent vet dmen, so maybe, but I'm not sure the gains we'd have on Defesne would outweigh the loss on offense.

Hedman - He's a lightning for life. management has locked up that entire core until close to retirement they won't shake that up.

Karlsson - Simply no. They literally couldn't give him away 6 months ago, now your giving them Draisaitl for him. No Thanks.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I did not say it was his worst game of the season. You must have me confused with someone else.

Im not digging up video to prove that Draisaitl has made incredible plays all season using his speed and edge work. Sounds kinda ridiculous doesn't it?

Lots of people have said it was Draisaitl's worst game of the season.

So you believe it is ridiculous to support your claim that Draisaitl isn't injured. Do you think all of your claims should be accepted as truth without doubt?

Last edited:

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
no, but it's 2 freaking games
Well he wasn't overly good vs. Columbus either. So it's 3 of the last 4.

I would certainly hope so but he managed to play an even worse game against Philly than he did Detroit. If he sucks tomorrow then would you consider doing something about it?

Doing something about it, yes. And I'm sure Jay would as well.

However, sitting him for a game to dress Puljujarvi wouldn't be that something.

EnufAlready

Dec 31, 2021
Lots of people have said it was Draisaitl's worst game of the season.

So you believe it is ridiculous to support your claim that Draisaitl is injured. Do you think all of your claims should be accepted as truth without doubt?
My claim “that he is injured” ?

Again, you must be confused. I don't believe any team plays a player like this through an injury in regular season. My belief would be that he is healthy enough to play if hes playing.

Reactions: oXo Cube

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
I didn't characterize you either. We've had many good exchanges on the board I thought. But this is one hell of a mess of a thread and I think you agree it is, and the part about it "infecting" you was obvious tongue in cheek. In anycase thats how it was meant; One fortunately can't get infected by thread or the Coronavirus threads here would have been pretty bad. heh.

Generally I like to rib in good humor. Its sometimes an effective way to get a point across. The OP as well was able to laugh at multiple of my replies in the thread because they were not mean spirited at all.
I remember when Draisaitl was drafted you wrote how, because of the type of player he was, there would be times when he would be pilloried for being lazy, much like Malkin.

You were bang on.

BlackDogg

There is nothing to do in Mockingbird Heights
Oct 3, 2015
What could we get for both of McDrai? Probably a stanley cup roster.

Seriously, how did i not notice this thread for 8 pages already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad