Votes: 14 6.6%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 183 85.9%

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
The expectation is to not be a detriment to the team. Again, if he’s hurt so badly then he shouldn’t play. That shouldn’t be a controversial take.
A team so absolutely bereft of forward depth had Foegele and McLeod BOTH playing in topsix again and can barely find 11 forwards a night to dress should be sitting Drai?

Thats your answer?

How long should Drai sit? The nature of the injury is it could take months or years for it to fully heal. Then what?

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
you don't trade an MVP, Art Ross winner and 50 goal scorer because he's looked lethargic the past few games

he looks tired sure, but I have no doubt he will crank it up in the backstretch

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
You didn't change the comment I asked about. Was the all-star game a reflection of Draisaitl's entire season or not? You did a 180 in less than an hour.

You laugh about starting a thread just to "get flamed" and somehow I am being rude?

What exactly do you think I am being rude about?
To answer your question, the all-star game was a reflection of his current play. I modified my opinion from the OP. Does that clarify things?

I think it's a legitimate question to consider. If you disagree, you're welcome to your opinion provided that it's expressed politely and intelligently.

I wasn't trying to start the thread to get flamed. I think it's a legitimate, albeit controversial point to consider.

I laughed about getting flamed because I knew that I was raising a controversial point and I even mentioned that in the OP.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
A team so absolutely bereft of forward depth had Foegele and McLeod BOTH playing in topsix again and can barely find 11 forwards a night to dress should be sitting Drai?

Thats your answer?

How long should Drai sit? The nature of the injury is it could take months or years for it to fully heal. Then what?
I mean we got 3 out of 4 points on this trip so far without any contribution from him. Nuge is playing well enough to cover for his absence.

Once again, he’s a detriment currently. If he was still producing in a positive manner then he can carry on. If he gets hurt worse then what?

Reactions: Duke74

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
"Terrible take" and "terrible poll" were somewhat rude. I think it's a legitimate question to consider. If you disagree, you're welcome to your opinion provided that it's expressed politely and intelligently.

It's OK. I guess I asked for it.

Again, the lack of consistency is painful. Within two minutes I am "somewhat rude" to you guess you asked for it.

The poll is 25-1 now.

Would it be unanimous if your vote was excluded?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Again, the lack of consistency is painful. Within two minutes I am "somewhat rude" to you guess you asked for it.

The poll is 25-1 now.

Would it be unanimous if your vote was excluded?
FYI, I haven't voted. Not that it's any of your business.

You seem really insistent on attacking me. My comment about "asking for it" was my effort to lighten the mood.

If you don't have a legitimate argument to make, why don't you simply excuse yourself from the thread?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I mean we got 3 out of 4 points on this trip so far without any contribution from him. Nuge is playing well enough to cover for his absence.

Once again, he’s a detriment currently. If he was still producing in a positive manner then he can carry on. If he gets hurt worse then what?
I asked for your answer. Give us all your perfect answer and solution. You want to sit Drai. For how long, who takes his spot, how do we even get to 11 forwards?

Barrsy

May 14, 2017
I asked for your answer. Give us all your perfect answer and solution. You want to sit Drai. For how long, who takes his spot, how do we even get to 11 forwards?
Well that would take cogent & logical thought.
Cant have that.

FYI, I haven't voted. Not that it's any of your business.

You seem really insistent on attacking me. My comment about "asking for it" was my effort to lighten the mood.

If you don't have a legitimate argument to make, why don't you simply excuse yourself from the thread?
You deserve whatever you get. Its a ridiculous thread.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don’t know the nature of his injury. Maybe it’s serious, maybe it’s nothing. Give him a rest with back to back games coming up against weaker teams. Yamamoto should be back soon, shouldn’t he?

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I don’t know the nature of his injury. Maybe it’s serious, maybe it’s nothing. Give him a rest with back to back games coming up against weaker teams. Yamamoto should be back soon, shouldn’t he?
The bolded was being stated weeks ago. The concussion has been worse than expected and is one of several the player has had. Each one now being significant impact. Not like Yama is a Center or much of an answer either. Thanks for proving you don't have one.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022

Because you aren't a moderator so you don't get to decide what threads I participate in.

For some reason you singled me out for being rude, yeah I'm gonna defend myself. It's pretty much unanimous how bad your take was.

Yet you singled me out for being rude when you didn't go after the posters of comments such as:

No, no, no.

Nooooooo!

No.

and

I weep for humanity...

glad the poll is as lopsided as it is

and

Stupid Poll stupid thread.

Cagey B

Jul 21, 2021
Remarks about Leon from my friends:
1. Maybe he's still injured
2. Maybe he wants out
3. Maybe he's pissy about not being always stapled to McDavid
4. I'd rather him be lazy n shit now then come the stretch run/playoffs

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The bolded was being stated weeks ago. The concussion has been worse than expected and is one of several the player has had. Each one now being significant impact. Not like Yama is a Center or much of an answer either. Thanks for proving you don't have one.
You asked about forwards, not centers specifically. The team is a spot where they can afford to rest him until they’re back in Edmonton. Put Nuge in his spot. Unless they’re stapling him to McDavid in which case I don’t know if it matters much.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
He definitely needs an attitude adjustment but you’d never get enough value back for him. He always plays himself out of this yearly funk he gets in, he will again.

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
You want to sit Drai. For how long, who takes his spot, how do we even get to 11 forwards?

I think sitting Draisaitl a bit is a good idea. I believe load management is the term they use in the NBA.

Last night was undoubtedly Draisaitl's worst game of the year. Why not give him tomorrow off for some rest then bring him back on Sunday? Something to shake things up. He was a net negative for the team last night. There is not way he will have any value on Sunday.

As for 11 forwards?

Kane/McD/Hyman
Jannmark/Nuge/Kostin
Foegele/McLeod/Puljujarvi
Ryan/Holloway

Sure that isn't ideal, but it might be the best the team can do with Draisaitl returning stronger (hopefully) on Sunday.

Reactions: Duke74

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Because you aren't a moderator so you don't get to decide what threads I participate in.

For some reason you singled me out for being rude, yeah I'm gonna defend myself. It's pretty much unanimous how bad your take was.

Yet you singled me out for being rude when you didn't go after the posters of comments such as:

and

and
Of course, you're welcome to participate in any threads that you wish. My point was that if you think the thread is stupid, you don't need to participate.

Only the latter of the posts that you quoted is truly rude. And yes, I understand the need to defend yourself, which is why I've responded in kind to you.

There were a few other questionable replies. I'm not going to go after every single person. I think yours was the first one I saw that came off as rude. So I'm sorry if you feel personally attacked.

I think your point about the all-star game is fairly moot in the entire context of the post. In the subsequent post, I tried to modify my response to agree with you. Not because I changed my mind but I don't want to spend all day nitpicking over a small point.

Anyways, we can agree to disagree. If you want to put forth a strong argument as to why we should or shouldn't consider moving Draisaitl, you're welcome to do so.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
You asked about forwards, not centers specifically. The team is a spot where they can afford to rest him until they’re back in Edmonton. Put Nuge in his spot. Unless they’re stapling him to McDavid in which case I don’t know if it matters much.
The team has not staked out a playoff margin. We can't scratch Drai longterm and such injuries can even get worse with work or no work. These types of ankle injuries are hell for hockey players. Its even worse if you're big and a power skater. Hockey exacerbates just this kind of injury but its the profession Drai is in. Would you have him sit out an entire season and not train and not skate and not do anything that could exacerbate? Maybe bubble wrap?

There is no solution to this, and no medical solution either. If there was it would be applied. Drai has probably been on a constant regimen of painkillers and people wondering about his focus.

I think sitting Draisaitl a bit is a good idea. I believe load management is the term they use in the NBA.

Last night was undoubtedly Draisaitl's worst game of the year. Why not give him tomorrow off for some rest then bring him back on Sunday? Something to shake things up. He was a net negative for the team last night. There is not way he will have any value on Sunday.

As for 11 forwards?

Kane/McD/Hyman
Jannmark/Nuge/Kostin
Foegele/McLeod/Puljujarvi
Ryan/Holloway

Sure that isn't ideal, but it might be the best the team can do with Draisaitl returning stronger (hopefully) on Sunday.
Already stated the reason. The injury Drai has doesn't improve with one week off. Its something that improves with one year off. Thats the nature of the injury. Even a month off doesn't do anything. An entire offseason off did not erase any trace of the injury. He had pain in preseason, he had pain early in season. He talked about it multiple times. The condition never went away. So that we'd just be sitting Drai for the sake of sitting him. Nothing would be achieved by it and it wouldn't improve the condition or ameliorate the pain.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
The team has not staked out a playoff margin. We can't scratch Drai longterm and such injuries can even get worse with work or no work. These types of ankle injuries are hell for hockey players. Its even worse if you're big and a power skater. Hockey exacerbates just this kind of injury but its the profession Drai is in. Would you have him sit out an entire season and not train and not skate and not do anything that could exacerbate? Maybe bubble wrap?

There is no solution to this, and no medical solution either. If there was it would be applied. Drai has probably been on a constant regimen of painkillers and people wondering about his focus.
I somehow don’t think the Flames are going to catch us. They’re the only team outside the picture right now that’s even a remote threat. They look cooked.

As for Drai, he was putrid last night and not much better the previous game. He’s not helping the team right now, period. If a game or two with him out costs us a playoff spot then that says everything we needed to know about the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad