Votes: 14 6.6%
  • absolutely not

Votes: 183 85.9%

• Total voters

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If you want to keep McDavid, you're not trading his Robin.. pure and simple.

I might get frustrated with Drai's play at times throughout the year... but its a very long 82 game season and you can't expect any player to be at the top of their game for all 82 games. Draisaitl has the best or one of the best value contracts in the league and has been severely underpaid for a while. As hard as I am on him during some games, there's no way it means I want to trade him.
Robin was kind of weak and useless and small. He seemed to exist just to get his ass beat up thus requiring the help of Batman who would get jumped by a dozen defects and then trapped in the latest plot device until we find out what happens to the Caped Crusader in next weeks episode...

i got sidetracked...

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Body language can be a terrible thing when you've been in pain for a whole calendar year and you're an elite athlete at the highest rung of sport, in a very physical sport and you just have to keep soldiering on in the trenches and with no end to the bombing in sight.

Drai has an extremely high pain threshold and even he is limited by this pain of injury that he's been playing through. Its been a shitty time for him and the worst he's experienced in his career this last 11mths.

Still, Drai has done quite well considering how limiting his injuries can be.

If he’s injured then why was he at the all star game?

Reactions: Duke74

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
kick-knock-out.gif

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Spoken from someone that has clearly never played or worked through a tremendous amount of pain. You try and do everything 100% when every movement you make hurts like a bitch.
That's a good point. Pain can affect your thinking and you're not able to process the game at a deeper level. Maybe that accounts for him resorting to those automatic (and sometimes bad) habits.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
If he’s injured then why was he at the all star game?
It isn't a question of whether DRai has been playing through injury its a stated record and I posted multiple sources for it just last night in the pgt. Not doing it again.

Players and teams can be penalized for not attending.

Its odd too that in retrospect the same fanbase that voted Drai into the ASG didn't want him to attend. Ummm, what?

If Drai hadn't gone to the ASG people would be calling him out on that like the vitriol that Ovechkin received.

But really try to reconcile the opinion of a fanbase that selects injured Drai to be in ASG (and the injury was known) then complains about his play in the ASG, then carves him for attending the ASG game that the fans bloody well selected him for. Its a lot to unpack.

It amounts to just complaining.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Spoken from someone that has clearly never played or worked through a tremendous amount of pain. You try and do everything 100% when every movement you make hurts like a bitch.
I have trouble believing that pain made Drai attempt a spinorama pass to nobody instead of shooting. If he’s that badly hurt then take him out of the lineup. The fact of the matter is that right now he’s a detriment.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
That's part of the problem too. If you have any hopes of ever re-signing McDavid you probably shouldnt trade his bff
But is it his BFF? That is speculation though logical. Might be together a lot because of fame.
I thought Nurse is his besty

I would not trade him because he isn't top of his game. It will return. He is one of the best Iin the league.

That said for a proper hockey trade I would need to hear the offer. Nobody (except maybe McDavid) is safe.

Do what is best for the team.

NEVER trade McDavid though. He is too much fun to watch and seems to be getting better. Give him 125 million and a key to the city.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Maybe draisaitl is pacing himself so he’s not gassed out before the playoffs.

Wouldn’t be the first or the last time a star player does that.

The most impressive thing is how off he’s looked most games while still having the point total he does

I have trouble believing that pain made Drai attempt a spinorama pass to nobody instead of shooting. If he’s that badly hurt then take him out of the lineup. The fact of the matter is that right now he’s a detriment.
Being in pain and fatigued absolutely affects your decisions.

But is it his BFF? That is speculation though logical. Might be together a lot because of fame.
I thought Nurse is his besty

I would not trade him because he isn't top of his game. It will return. He is one of the best Iin the league.

That said for a proper hockey trade I would need to hear the offer. Nobody (except maybe McDavid) is safe.

Do what is best for the team.

NEVER trade McDavid though. He is too much fun to watch and seems to be getting better. Give him 125 million and a key to the city.
Drai and McDavid just went to the Turks and Caicos over their 5 days off.

Seem like pretty good friends

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
Now, I was willing to cut him some slack until I realized that the all-star game was merely a reflection of his entire season.

Not a reflection of his entire season so much as a magnification of his worst flaws.

Hmmm, which is the more obvious example of how truly terrible your take was.

You can't be consistent for an hour about the reflection of his entire season? OR

18/19 people say Absolutely Not in response to your terrible poll question?

But one person agreed with your take. If you could change your poll response would it be 19/19 absolutely not?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Hmmm, which is the more obvious example of how truly terrible your take was.

You can't be consistent for an hour about the reflection of his entire season? OR

18/19 people say Absolutely Not in response to your terrible poll question?

But one person agreed with your take. If you could change your poll response would it be 19/19 absolutely not?
In my second post, I agreed with you to say that his play has worsened from earlier in the season and that his earlier flaws (backhand passes, turnovers, laziness, etc) have been magnified.

I make some reasonable points in my OP and want honest discussion.

There's no need to be rude.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Have YOU ever had a sunburn from Turks and Caicos? It's not just a regular sunburn. Cut the kid some slack.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Draisatl was hurt badly last year in the playoffs and played out of his mind. What’s the excuse here? He’s making poor decisions along with a poor effort.
Jesus Christ had performed several miracles but now he's just pinned on the cross doing nothing...

jebus the posts in this thread.

So just because a miracle happened in the playoffs and somehow Drai was able to get as much as he did done this is somehow now an ONGOING expectation for him that he work miracles while not pulling rabbits out of hats.

The expectation expressed is insufferable. There be heathens here. ;) How many miracles y'all want?

Harry Curry

Oct 10, 2022
I modified my original post to say that his play has worsened from earlier in the season.

I make some reasonable points in my OP and want honest discussion.

There's no need to be rude.
You didn't change the comment I asked about. Was the all-star game a reflection of Draisaitl's entire season or not? You did a 180 in less than an hour.

lol...I knew I'd get flamed.
You laugh about starting a thread just to "get flamed" and somehow I am being rude?

What exactly do you think I am being rude about?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Jesus Christ had several miracles but now he's just pinned on the cross doing nothing...

jebus the posts in this thread.

So just because a miracle happened in the playoffs and somehow Drai was able to get as much as he did done this is somehow now an ONGOING expectation for him that he work miracles while not pulling rabbits out of hats.

The expectation expressed is insufferable.
The expectation is to not be a detriment to the team. Again, if he’s hurt so badly then he shouldn’t play. That shouldn’t be a controversial take.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad