Is Dion Phaneuf done?

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
Tomas Kaberle has a better shooting percentage than Dion Phaneuf.

:laugh:

Oh man so much wrong here. I mean really is it up for debate that Kaberle played like the Soviet Red Army of the 70's, pass, pass, pass until you are guaranteed a goal?

OF COURSE HE HAD A BETTER SHOOTING %

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
I'm looking at Dion and I'm looking at Sidney skate right by him for a breakaway.

Kostka has nothing to do with that awful display of hockey Dion Phaneuf just presented us with.

Every d-man gets beat by players like Crosby at some point when your centre turns the puck over. Every single d-man. Pinning that play on Phaneuf is ridiculous. :shakehead

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Could be time for Carlyle to re-eval the cap'n ... Somebody answer this question please, i just don't have an answer.

What happened to the kid we seen years back smashing ppl at the world Jrs. and playing that hard hitting role with Calgary while potting loads of goals with that rocket shot?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
3 great games, 1 bad one, from Norris trophy play to done in 24 hours. Life as a Leafs player. Just Wait till Kadri makes a mistake this season.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Could be time for Carlyle to re-eval the cap'n ... Somebody answer this question please, i just don't have an answer.

Probably the same reason Vesa Toskala or Cujo or Gomez or Cheechoo or anyone else that just dropped off, no one knows. Unlike those others though, at least Phaneuf is still useful, just for some reason, his play has dropped.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Stop feeding it and it will crawl away.

On topic, No he's not done.

mohare

Dec 13, 2010
Anyone blaming Phaneuf for Lupuls injury might want to go watch the replay a couple more times, or probably has just seen the Lupul iso camera angle and not the one where you see Phaneuf actually shoot. The puck clearly deflects of Pittsburghs #27 (Adams?) as he goes down the block the shot. The puck gets deflected upwards. The original shot would not have hit Lupul in the arm (knee, mid thigh maybe).

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Watching Crosby skate by you for a breakaway goal is embarrassing.

That's what Phaneuf did...WATCHED HIM SKATE BY.

Note you just said that it was Crosby. He may be a crybaby, but he's possibly the most skilled player in the NHL. If it was Weber or Suter making that mistake, you'd call them pylons too.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Stop feeding it and it will crawl away.

I am a person sir. A person with feelings. I am not an it, I am a HE.

Why would you come in here with the sole purpose of not discussing the thread topic and instead just insult me?

What compels you to behave like this?

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Note you just said that it was Crosby. He may be a crybaby, but he's possibly the most skilled player in the NHL. If it was Weber or Suter making that mistake, you'd call them pylons too.

Show me one play where Weber and Suter WATCHED Crosby skate behind them for a breakaway goal.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
The only thing Carlyle could do is strip him of the C, but unless we're looking to trade him, you don't do that to one of your best players.

Why would he be stripped though? This team is playing exactly how they were expected to play and Phaneuf is leading them.

Its not like the Leafs are failing expectations. Even an 0 and 4 start wouldn't be failing expectations.

If you think a team needs a captaincy shake up go look at the Capitals.

achtungbaby

Oct 31, 2006
3 great games, 1 bad one, from Norris trophy play to done in 24 hours. Life as a Leafs player. Just Wait till Kadri makes a mistake this season.

To be fair, anyone calling for a Norris nomination after 3 games are just as guilty as someone calling him out after a bad game.

The Magic Man

With God given hands
Sep 1, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Sometimes I seriously ****ing despise leafs fans. This is one of those times.

People need to watch other #1D more often. They don't all play perfect at all times. Sometimes, they make mistakes, and have bad games. It's not just Dion.

Dion is the least of our long term concerns. What a joke.

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Show me one play where Weber and Suter WATCHED Crosby skate behind them for a breakaway goal.

I'm sure it's happened before. They have brainfarts too. I can't find a youtube video on that, but neither can I find one with Crosby beating Phaneuf. Does that mean he didn't get beat? No.

Let's just face it, you hate Phaneuf due to some sort inferiority complex. I'm sure you just want Elisha Cuthbert and is angry because he's rich and successful and you're stuck behind a keyboard with your thumb up your ***. So much unnecessary hate. :laugh:

Apr 11, 2010
Toronto
Why would he be stripped though? This team is playing exactly how they were expected to play and Phaneuf is leading them.

Its not like the Leafs are failing expectations. Even an 0 and 4 start wouldn't be failing expectations.

If you think a team needs a captaincy shake up go look at the Capitals.

You realize I don't advocate stripping Phaneuf of the C right? I just said it makes no sense to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad