Is Dion Phaneuf done?

Calacatz

Jacked!
Aug 10, 2005
What happened to the kid we seen years back smashing ppl at the world Jrs. and playing that hard hitting role with Calgary while potting loads of goals with that rocket shot? Is it possible that his body has broken down to early... His career looks like its on a steady decline

As a Leaf although he has had a few bright spots.. overall he has been HORRIBLE.. cant play D (caused 4 goals last night) is not hitting, and can not hit the net... oh wait.. he did hit the net once and broke Lupul's arm.. Poor lupes thought he was in the safest spot he could be with Dion shooting.. aside from a beautiful GF this guy is a complete mess!

Don't give me its one bad game BS... been a few years now @ he makes 6.5 mil a year!

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Just a few nights ago people were saying his game in Buffalo was the best defence they've ever seen him play.

Funny how things change.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
He's a total stiff defensively, and offensively he refuses to pass instead unleash a constant stream of inaccurate booming high slap shots.

He just hurt Lupul ($5.25 million) for half the season.

The result of Dion's antics cost the Leafs half of Lupul's season ($2.625) which when added to Dion's already ridiculous contract becomes an even more ridiculous $9.125 per year expenditure.

He's not worth being the most costly player in the league. Crosby doesn't even get paid that much.

Trade this guy to Detroit for Ian White.

pSoup

Jul 27, 2010
If Phaneuf can get going on the PP and keep playing his simple game, he's going to be dangerous, he's a heavy hitting, intimidating tough dman, his ability to jump into rushes, and heavy shot make him a unique player for us, he just needs to be consistent in his play and work on making that clapper a bit more accurate

allyb

Feb 19, 2004
wishaw, scotland
He's a total stiff defensively, and offensively he refuses to pass instead unleash a constant stream of inaccurate booming high slap shots.

He just hurt Lupul ($5.25 million) for half the season.

The result of Dion's antics cost the Leafs half of Lupul's season ($2.625) which when added to Dion's already ridiculous contract becomes an even more ridiculous $9.125 per year expenditure.
He's not worth being the most costly player in the league. Crosby doesn't even get paid that much.

Trade this guy to Detroit for Ian White.

nice try but if you half one you need half the other :nod:

and only for Ian Whites moustache :handclap:

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
i think its time we trade him.
is he the guy thats going to lead the leafs to the promise land? in the next 5 years. NO
so , philly is looking to add defence, they could be a contender with him this year.
back, we get coutuier.
future centers , kadri , coutuier.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
nice try but if you half one you need half the other :nod:

and only for Ian Whites moustache :handclap:

Why would I have to half his contract.

He is playing a whole year for us for $6.5 and his idiotic antics cost half of Lupul's season @ $2.625.

Dion cost this team over $9 million and while he is about $5 million good he is no where close to nine.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
He's played great this year. Logging in major minutes. Playing with more of an edge than I remember in a while.

I don't know what more people expect from him.

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
People seem to forget that b4 that collapse in feb he was being talked about as a Norris Candidate on these forums.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010

He is playing a whole year for us for $6.5 and his idiotic antics cost half of Lupul's season @ $2.625.

Dion cost this team over $9 million and while he is about $5 million good he is no where close to nine.

So he takes a hard shot on net, Lupul is in the way, screening, and gets a freak injury, and this is Dion's fault?

Accidents are called such for a reason.

Would you rather he play more like Kaberle?

Faustus

Jun 21, 2012
Looked great against Buffalo and probably even better against Pittsburgh. Calm down, people.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Lol. Dion has looked incredible this season, absolutely incredible. I knew as soon answer lost this place would be unbearable, but come on...

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010

What in the world are you guys talking about? :laugh: Costing us 9mil because of a freak accident....please.

As for the original post. He hasn't posted lower than 12th in hits the last 4 years. He doesn't steamroll people anymore because it put him out of position. He's much more controlled now.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
So he takes a hard shot on net, Lupul is in the way, screening, and gets a freak injury, and this is Dion's fault?

Accidents are called such for a reason.

Would you rather he play more like Kaberle?

Kaberle took accurate shots.

Dion just blindly fires shots all over the place. No accuracy at all and it just cost him half of our star wingers season.

He's just not an intelligent player/person.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
He's played great this year. Logging in major minutes. Playing with more of an edge than I remember in a while.

I don't know what more people expect from him.

I expect him to not play like a total stiff defensively.

How the hell does this guy get through 2 guys so easily?

I mean Kessel, I understand because he is a total BUST defensively, but our Captain?

Embarrassing.

jimmycarter

Jun 12, 2010
he stunk last night...takes a lot out of you shadowing two of the best young forwards in the leauge two nights in a row + travel.

Rob11

Nov 9, 2012
phaneuf has played amazing so far this year. Stand out defence men.

Yeah last night was a bad game and he made some mistakes but watching live he really is a top pairing d man imo.

Deuce Awesome

Feb 23, 2010
he stunk last night...takes a lot out of you shadowing two of the best young forwards in the leauge two nights in a row + travel.

I thought he did a great job on Crosby the night before, really got his waaaaaah going. Seems to be good at that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad