Is Delaware North in bigger trouble than we thought?

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
jacobs spends to the cap almost every year. The patriots have had one of the smallest payrolls in the league since kraft took over

Since he wanted the cap and 2 seasons were lost because of it - he should be spending to it.

One of the smallest payrolls while being the greatest dynasty in the sport, I'll take it. JJ hasn't had a sniff of that kind of success..it's pretty clear who the better owner is.

Reactions: rfournier103

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Since he wanted the cap and 2 seasons were lost because of it - he should be spending to it.

One of the smallest payrolls while being the greatest dynasty in the sport, I'll take it. JJ hasn't had a sniff of that kind of success..it's pretty clear who the better owner is.

Kraft got away with being cheap during Brady's superman 20 years of carrying the franchise while Kraft's bank account was being stock piled with cash. They sucked so bad after Tom left he had to buy a team during the offseason.

Bill got a taste of it last year, Lets hope all these guys he signed that where developed by other organizations works out for them. My guess is we will see a repeat of last year.

Jacobs is far from a great owner but to praise Kraft for being cheap but still won is glorious

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Kraft got away with being cheap during Brady's superman 20 years of carrying the franchise while Kraft's bank account was being stock piled with cash. They sucked so bad after Tom left he had to buy a team during the offseason.

Bill got a taste of it last year, Lets hope all these guys he signed that where developed by other organizations works out for them. My guess is we will see a repeat of last year.

Jacobs is far from a great owner but to praise Kraft for being cheap but still won is glorious

I think Kraft actually gives a crap about the fans and putting out a winner, where as I don't think JJ spends a second worry about Bruins fans, unless it's to get money out of them.

Kraft has been far more successful, put any qualifiers on it you like..it's a fact.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I'm not worrying about Jacobs and his empire. He's the last guy I'm worrying about in the middle of a freakin' pandemic. I don't care if he sells his one Stanley Cup ring. There is nothing to see here.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

What exactly is the owners job besides spending the money. Picking the people? So krafts a good owner because he hired bill who is a good coach/gm. Jj is a bad owner because he hired idiots who cant figure out how to put a winning team on the ice most of the time.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
LeBron James says hello. Rich people haven't been affected much at all.financially.

Rich people whose wealth is tied to an operating company, as is reportedly the situation with the Jacobs family, have lost a tremendous amount of money.

Rich people whose money is mostly invested in the stock market and real estate are the ones doing great.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
What exactly is the owners job besides spending the money. Picking the people? So krafts a good owner because he hired bill who is a good coach/gm. Jj is a bad owner because he hired idiots who cant figure out how to put a winning team on the ice most of the time.

I agree with this. Kraft also seems to really enjoy owning the team. I honestly believe JJ owns it as a business decision and nothing more. He sees the team as a company and if it does bad it gets a new leader, if it does well the management will continue to be paid well. He cares if the team does well only because that means money, cups and trophies are irrelevant. Money rules.

Ill have a hard time feeling bad for JJ and his billions. He should have taken better care of the garden staff when this shit all started in my opinion.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think Kraft actually gives a crap about the fans and putting out a winner, where as I don't think JJ spends a second worry about Bruins fans, unless it's to get money out of them.

Kraft has been far more successful, put any qualifiers on it you like..it's a fact.

Sure

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Bingo, we've got bingo...

You mean you HAD bingo except it was called TOM BRADY . He even made Bill look smart , Now are seeing the lack of his GM skill like Sweeney in evaluating and drafting talent ? TB12 is no longer here to hide not spending to the cap or poor drafting.

Reactions: Gordoff

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
You mean you HAD bingo except it was called TOM BRADY . He even made Bill look smart , Now are seeing the lack of his GM skill like Sweeney in evaluating and drafting talent ? TB12 is no longer here to hide not spending to the cap or poor drafting.

We're going to see, aren't we? Looks like the Patriots are doing what they can to win again, what is it the Bruins are doing?

Reactions: rfournier103

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
So far the arguments for JJ being a better owner are: 'he spends to the cap' and 'sure'..

Not arguing at all. Facts are facts, Kraft doesn't and hardly ever did spend to the cap. Kraft ownership success was built on the back of TOM BRADY. Sorry if that's hurts your feelings but tell me I'm wrong.

Throwing JJ under the bus constantly and putting the greedy Kraft family on some pedestal is so 2021

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

spending the money needed outside of player salary to be a top franchise.

hiring/paying for the best management, coaches, scouts, etc. An owner can claim to not be cheap because "we spend to the cap" but hold the franchise back by nickel and diming the backend

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Not arguing at all. Facts are facts, Kraft doesn't and hardly ever did spend to the cap. Kraft ownership success was built on the back of TOM BRADY. Sorry if that's hurts your feelings but tell me I'm wrong.

Throwing JJ under the bus constantly and putting the greedy Kraft family on some pedestal is so 2021

JJ isn't greedy? Haven't put anyone on a pedestal at all bud. Using having a great players for 20 years doesn't take away from ones success.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
We're going to see, aren't we? Looks like the Patriots are doing what they can to win again, what is it the Bruins are doing?

Yes indeed we will see. No GOAT not even an average QB puts you in never never land. Pats are just another team in NFL now

BradPark22

Nov 8, 2017

Bruins haven't been a winning team for the last decade plus?

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fun fact I came across yesterday - Jacobs is the number one donor to the governor of Arkansas

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
spending the money needed outside of player salary to be a top franchise.

hiring/paying for the best management, coaches, scouts, etc. An owner can claim to not be cheap because "we spend to the cap" but hold the franchise back by nickel and diming the backend

Which might explain why Neely and Sweeney have the positions they hold- it's usually less expensive to promote from within than to go outside to fill a position. And the scouting department probably isn't funded as much as it should be, if the Bruins picks are anything to by

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Reactions: Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad