Is Crosby dropping the ball again?

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
Funny how these threads pop up from time to time right before Crosby goes on a tear and makes the OP look (and feel) ridiculous.

It's not just here, Flyers fans still chant "Crosby sucks", which almost always means he's about to score

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
I really don't know. I am only first trying to figure out what are the semantic nuances differentiating dropping the ball and laying an egg cases from each other... Maybe laying an egg is not as an abrupt and dramatic, clear-cut failure as dropping the ball. Just a silent slowly unfolding failure in life? Laying an egg... yikes, if I am at all correct in this demarcation I would much rather drop the ball than lay an egg. Dropping the ball is nothing, just a ball. There will always be other chances but really laying an egg-. Scary! Scary as hell! Hah.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
I can see the headlines now:

"Sidney Crosby continues the drop the ball in Game 5."

whois writing the article? writers that write for Washington or Philly? in Canada, we had clowns based out of Toronto and Ontario who always wrote bull crap about the Canucks during their run.

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Crosby played in a fog after the Niskanen hit until game 3 of the Sens series. Now that he's back to his old self, it will be that much tougher for the Sens to hang in there against Pittsburgh.

daver

Apr 4, 2003
Visit site
I don't think it was started with that intention but of course it turns into that about 3 posts in...

Of course it did. The OP mentions media bias. Not that it wasn't going to be brought up regardless. Media bias towards Crosby was mentioned in a thread about Caribbean vacation deals.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We have back to back smyths and dropping the ball. Hfboards, what have you done for me lately.

If Crosby scores tomorrow, the Conn Smythe thread will be bumped. If Crosby gets shut down and the Pens lose, this thread will be bumped.

HF - where players are judged only on their last game.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
Crosby is always the best in his team during the regular and top 3 during the playoffs and that's respectable

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
This chart, although from a couple of years ago, explains Crosby well.

He just consistently brings it and rarely has bad games. Regular season or playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad