Is Chara the tallest hockey player ever?

• Thread starter Granlund2Pulkkinen*
  • Start date

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I forgot about the twin towers that I used to play with in my inline league.

One brother was 6'8 and played D. The other was 6' 10" and played goal. The goalie pads he used looked like soccer style shin guards.

I just saw the one brother (the "shorter" one) when I was out for my birthday the past weekend. The first brother is now 6' 10 and still skates on occasion. He says he still wants to play, but with his size and being in his 30s, his knees feel like hell for a few days after a game. The other brother is now 7' 2", but he said he hasn't played in a few years.

JustinW

Dec 14, 2006
I forgot about the twin towers that I used to play with in my inline league.

One brother was 6'8 and played D. The other was 6' 10" and played goal. The goalie pads he used looked like soccer style shin guards.

I just saw the one brother (the "shorter" one) when I was out for my birthday the past weekend. The first brother is now 6' 10 and still skates on occasion. He says he still wants to play, but with his size and being in his 30s, his knees feel like hell for a few days after a game. The other brother is now 7' 2", but he said he hasn't played in a few years.

wow 7'2"? what nationality were they if you don't mind me asking?

Axxellien

Jun 23, 2009
Sherbrooke, Quebec
Hal Gill is 6'7''... Boston Celts Kevin Mchale played Defense when he attented University of Minn. in the early 80s. I don't think he could have turned Pro. He stands 6'10''...

Last edited:

byeyimini

Sep 10, 2002
Visit site
and the player that started the scrum and ran away when the going got tough (you can see him bee lining it away) was the one and only..............

....Sean Avery!

I have seen this footage many times and never noticed that, too funny !! In this one instance, I actually think I could have skated faster than a future NHL'er. damn that guy is big !!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad