Speculation: Is Carlyle really a good coach? Its time for a New Coach!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
He needs to get the team back to playing physical and he has me back as a Carlyle fan. I loved the game style we had last year

I agree with this 100%. If Carlyle gets the team playing a hard nosed physical game like last year then I guarantee the team will start winning again. I will then support Randy all the way.

Things need to change now though!

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
glad we got the win against the sens, but getting outshot by a team who is below us in the standings is ridiculous.

#firecarlyle

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I agree with this 100%. If Carlyle gets the team playing a hard nosed physical game like last year then I guarantee the team will start winning again. I will then support Randy all the way.

Things need to change now though!

It's been 30 frigging games already. Either he's trying to enforce this and the team has stopped listening or he's not and is an idiot for forgetting how to get the best out of the team. Either way, he should be fired. Didn't learn not to sit back and "defend" a lead

Mar 26, 2010
50+ shots again with NO puck possession. WEAK! Lucky Reimer shut the door in the shoot out!

Leafs were outplayed all game, most of it was in our end.

Carlyle's system is not efficient at all. This can't keep going on.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
I can't remember ever being this frustrated with a Leaf team so often after they win games. It's just infuriating to watch them implode when they have a lead time after time.

Getting outshout by 20 has become the new norm for this team this season. Injuries or not it's an absolute disgrace. Bernier and Reimer are the ONLY reasons why we're tentatively holding a playoff spot, and that could easily change in the next 2 weeks.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I can't remember ever being this frustrated with a Leaf team so often after they win games. It's just infuriating to watch them implode when they have a lead time after time.

Getting outshout by 20 has become the new norm for this team this season. Injuries or not it's an absolute disgrace. Bernier and Reimer are the ONLY reasons why we're tentatively holding a playoff spot, and that could easily change in the next 2 weeks.

Relax and enjoy the win. You can't control what happens.

Mar 26, 2010
FIRE CARLYLE! That is it. ****ing Brutal!

Terrible Coach!

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Another game in which we give up 40+ shots on goal. I mean how many more games does this team have to look like **** before a coaching change can be considered? For **** sakes.

Mar 26, 2010
agreed. time for a new voice and direction. come on nonis, do it.

Enough is Enough! Its not normal

1. 50-60 shots a night against our goalie.

2. No Puck possession at all! its a joke!

3. Carlyle blaming the goalies now!

Nonis better get him out of here.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
He won't last if this continues. Leafs are barely squeaking out points here and there lately but overall being outplayed even by bottom feeders. Giving up leads left and right. Getting dominated by the better teams.

I predict we're gonna go 3-7 for the rest of December to end up right at .500. And we'll be fortunate to be .500 with the way we've played and the four shootout wins.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Carlyle's a great tanking coach. I think the Sabres have a better shot differential than us. Our goalie has to make an additional 11 saves a GAME vs the opposing goalie. Carlyle's whole system is flawed and idiotic. If Reimer or Bernier aren't standing on their heads every game you don't win, which is pathetic. FIRE CARLYLE

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Any of the Sutter brother avaialble?

Rich/Ron/Bret/Burt/Richard/Bo/Michael/

Granny??? Any??

I'm sick of Carlyle, this guy is an arseclown.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
Any of the Sutter brother avaialble?

Rich/Ron/Bret/Burt/Richard/Bo/Michael/

Granny??? Any??

I'm sick of Carlyle, this guy is an arseclown.

brent is available but he's coaching team canada at the juniors. i'd prefer laviolette though. he's more suited for our team.

Mar 26, 2010
brent is available but he's coaching team canada at the juniors. i'd prefer laviolette though. he's more suited for our team.

I don't care if its Rob Ford at this point, just get Carlyle the **** out. His tactics are not working! How is 50+ shots every game ok??

Time for a new voice for the players.

Leiweke going to step in here and make the call...

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
I don't care if its Rob Ford at this point, just get Carlyle the **** out. His tactics are not working! How is 50+ shots every game ok??

Time for a new voice for the players.

Leiweke going to step in here and make the call...

you honestly believe this horrible team with no D, one offensive line, over inflated salaries on players that are always hurt (Lupul, Liles) is the coaches fault? Do you think Scotty Bowman could lead us to the promise land with Mark Fraser, Trevor Smith and Carter Ashton playing 80 games a year?

Our fan base is embarrassing.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
So what happens now.... everyone gets on Carlyle rejoices when he's gone then when nothing changes get on Nonis until he's gone ala Wilson/Burke all over again? This thread is a joke.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I love Ken Hitchcock, he has an out this summer from St Louis.

Throw all the money at him, best coach in the business.

Ken Hitchcock wearing a Leafs jacket like Pat Burns did 2 decades ago would be too much for me to handle. No more lack of conditioned players under Hitch.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
I love Ken Hitchcock, he has an out this summer from St Louis.

Throw all the money at him, best coach in the business.

Ken Hitchcock wearing a Leafs jacket like Pat Burns did 2 decades ago would be too much for me to handle. No more lack of conditioned players under Hitch.

Cant believe we kept Wilson hired for so long instead of trying to hire him...

Seriously Carlyle needs to go soon, hope Ottawa fires MacLean and go after him. We can trade coaches.

Drugstorecowboi

May 5, 2009
Reading on here that Ken Hitchcock is the best coach when it comes to conditioning? That's what Carlyle is known for. This would be a latterel move. We look like a bunch of winner's tonight. "Fire the old coot!...and hire an even OLDER one!".

St. Louis has a much better and far more complete team than we do. Hitchcock can't save us with this line up. No one can.

Wake up and start directing your frustrations towards Nonis. That's a start...

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Cant believe we kept Wilson hired for so long instead of trying to hire him...

Seriously Carlyle needs to go soon, hope Ottawa fires MacLean and go after him. We can trade coaches.

The thing is Hitchcock has evolved into an even better coach since his Dallas and Philly days. I read he is more in tuned with today's players, still tough, but not as edgy as he once was. He was a very difficult coach to play for, but his results are Pat Burns like.

One coach I believe that can really make a difference, Nonis has hired him already as Head man for Team Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad