Speculation: Is Carlyle really a good coach? Its time for a New Coach!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mar 26, 2010
18 Wheeler is over the cliff... HELP!

This is not a Fire Carlyle thread but come on... the Leafs have the worst puck possession in the NHL and are among the lowest shots on net. Carlyle is also not a players favorite coach to play for as this has been very well documented in the past!

His coaching skills are really not working here. The Leafs record does not reflect the teams play this season. They could easily be in the basement now. Not sure how short the leash with be with Leiweke running the show here?

Do you believe the team will benefit from a coaching change?

Last edited:

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
if we fail to make the playoffs, then i want him gone. until then, let him ride it out.

look to boucher as the next coach.

Mar 26, 2010
if we fail to make the playoffs, then i want him gone. until then, let him ride it out.

look to boucher as the next coach.

I agree, ride it out this season and see what happens. No need to make any fast decisions here.

disgruntleddave

Aug 31, 2009
Canada
He's done some good things. There are still big holes in how the team plays. He's extremely stubborn. I don't think we'll have success in the post season if we can't score a goal aside from on the rush.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Carlyle isn't getting fired unless the collapse is huge and dramatic. **** coach though. He's got two great goalies and (until now) a great SH% so it's no wonder the guy's smirking all the time.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
The team has been HORRIBLE this year. Just Horrible, and its mostly his fault. The dude is just stubborn as hell. The team starts every game asleep and plays only 20mins a game.

But no he won't get fired, maybe next season.

bunjay

Nov 9, 2008
This slump has the potential to get really ugly with the upcoming schedule.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
If we make the playoffs somehow, we're going to get demolished in the most epic way possible if we don't start shooting more and possessing the puck. Also, what happened to our grit?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
The team has been HORRIBLE this year. Just Horrible, and its mostly his fault. The dude is just stubborn as hell. The team starts every game asleep and plays only 20mins a game.

But no he won't get fired, maybe next season.

My favourite is: "1 goal lead with 35 minutes to play? Better turtle!"

TonsofPuppies*

Mar 11, 2010
Toronto, ON
#FireCarlyle

If one good half season doesn't make Kadri a star, one good half season doesn't make Carlyle a good coach. He's washed up garbage. Plain and simple.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Only in Toronto would fans complain that the coach isn't good while in a strong playoff position

Blufreezy

May 1, 2013
I agree with what Kypreos just said.

Problem is they probably won't "receive the message" and they'll come out flat for half the next game still. Or they'll kill the Penguins and then play flat the game after.

Mapleleafs Fan*

This is the beginning of upcoming "C" tsunami once again.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Only in Toronto would fans complain that the coach isn't good while in a strong playoff position

Come on man, get real. We're getting outplayed every single game. Our goaltending can only take us so far. I don't think Carlyle should be fired right away but he has to quit being so stubborn and change this team's playing style if he wants to stay. I mean seriously who protects a 1 goal lead in the second period???

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Carlyle is a complete idiot. How do you leave your goalie in for 6 goals?? Win or lose, I will say it over and over, he should be fired. Sits back on small leads, doesn't know when to hold players accountable and can't figure out when he shouldn't embarrass a goalie. Reimer was terrible tonight but he didn't deserve that crap. Sooner the Leafs get an actual coach the better. Hopefully it does turn into a fire Carlyle thread; he's a terrible coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad