Speculation: Is Carlyle really a good coach? 4 Regulation Wins in 32 games and counting!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Wait...

So, one guy admitted he voted "Love him" by mistake. I voted "Love him" just for fun sake. So who is the only Carlyle lover on these boards? :laugh:

A lurking Habs fan?

number72

Oct 9, 2011
From twitter

Stephen Burtch ‏@SteveBurtch 29m
So - here's that graph I promised a day or two ago comparing the #Leafs to 3 of the worst teams in NHL history:

BdgYn8HCYAEHfyM.png:large

Are we going to pay heed or are we going to act like the Federal reserve saying "no no economy is fine, there is no housing bubble crisis"

And then BOOM the economy goes kaput.

What should we do?

JackJ

Feb 7, 2012
“I just think we've got to get a lot more aggressive,” said Carlyle following Tuesday's 5-3 defeat. “We're not skating and being the tenacious Toronto Maple Leafs that I expect or everybody expects, from the coaching staff, management. We don't seem to have enough tenacity in our game right now.”

Sure Randy.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Dale Hunter, and Guy Boucher would be my top 2 choices to replace Carlyle. I don't like Laviolette as much as some people here.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Carlyle hasnt been with the team long enough IMHO to pin this play on his shoulders yet.

When he came in, they played extremely well and he took the team to the playoffs.

There is clearly a problem with the players at this point getting into the system.

I personally think he deserves at least a trade deadline retool before we even consider moving him, and even then the best time is the offseason or early next season.

Franson, Reimer, Forward depth, all can go in exchange for other players that might fit the system.

Lets get some tough forwards, tough defence, and lets see what we can do. We have the building blocks. Kessel, Phaneuf, Bernier, Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Carlyle hasnt been with the team long enough IMHO to pin this play on his shoulders yet.

When he came in, they played extremely well and he took the team to the playoffs.

There is clearly a problem with the players at this point getting into the system.

I personally think he deserves at least a trade deadline retool before we even consider moving him, and even then the best time is the offseason or early next season.

Franson, Reimer, Forward depth, all can go in exchange for other players that might fit the system.

Lets get some tough forwards, tough defence, and lets see what we can do. We have the building blocks. Kessel, Phaneuf, Bernier, Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly.

Coaches are hired to be fired. If you're brought in you better be making a big difference in a hurry. If you do a good job, you might be around long enough to change the system.

This group may yet prove to be totally uncoachable for anybody, but right now that's Randy's problem and if he doesn't deliver, he should be fired.

Paladin2799

Jul 15, 2009
Coaches are hired to be fired. If you're brought in you better be making a big difference in a hurry. If you do a good job, you might be around long enough to change the system.

This group may yet prove to be totally uncoachable for anybody, but right now that's Randy's problem and if he doesn't deliver, he should be fired.

You cant throw out a cup winning coach in the first season the TEAM plays poorly.

He took the team to the playoffs and nearly beat boston. He is a damn good coach and he has yet to even get a chance to give the GM to give him some good players.

I think itd be an error as big as firing burke imho top get rid of carlyle so early especially without a top coach ready.

Pyromaniac3

Dec 19, 2011
Toronto
My gawd, Gardiner is actually scratched. I thought he was joking. Officially on Fire Carlyle bandwagon. First Kostka, Holzer now Fraser, Franson.

Look how Anaheim is doing. Makes me wonder if Carlyle was dumbing them down.

Mar 26, 2010
My gawd, Gardiner is actually scratched. I thought he was joking. Officially on Fire Carlyle bandwagon. First Kostka, Holzer now Fraser, Franson.

Look how Anaheim is doing. Makes me wonder if Carlyle was dumbing them down.

It's a joke.

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Time to throw up the FIRE CARLYLE thread!!!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH WITH THIS **** ALREADY!!!!!! Whatever he'd doing its not jiving with this group anymore, sick of season these asshats giving up 40+ shots a game

Mar 26, 2010
One of Carlyle or Nonis is getting canned.

Leiweke must be getting embarrassed at this point.

Its an embarrassment to to the city of Toronto.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I tried my best to defend him but I can't anymore. He's gotta go, he's not necessarily a bad coach but I think no matter what he does the players just don't get the message. We have a very lazy group of players as a big problem on this team, they don't like to work hard and get outmuscled and outworked every single game, and it doesn't make sense because Carlyle is a hardass and has always been very demanding in terms of physicality and fitness.

This combination just isn't working. Replace the coach, whip the players ***** in to shape and hopefully hire a good replacement who can use the team's strengths.

leafstilldeath*

Lose 3rd straight and 20th in 31 games

And outscored 18-5 in the last three not to mention out possessed, out played and outshot

BUT...

thats-how-i-0kzhrf.jpg

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I voted undecided, but, after tonights debacle, it just might be time to fire Carlyle!

Some player personnel changes should be made as well!

#FireCarlyle

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
One of Carlyle or Nonis is getting canned.

Leiweke must be getting embarrassed at this point.

Its an embarrassment to to the city of Toronto.

I hope so. After Burke, he should have a greater appreciation of the dangers of blowing hot air than to go around and talk about parade routes. Whatever, wouldn't be Toronto without talking heads running it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad