Post-Game Talk: Is Brendan Smith the next Bobby Orr? More at 11.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
It's pretty awesome having a third line that has scored 28 goals in 35 games. That kind of Depth is awesome . And the second line is still possessively dominant so I don't see the problem here?

No! The rules say that you have to have all of your scoring on the top two lines!

So you guys are cool with 9 goals and 31 points in 73 combined games? Pretty terrible numbers from your second line.

Eggberto

Oct 26, 2013
I expected more than 3 goals in 22 games. I was also expecting better than .45PPG with Top 6 time and PP time.

Tatar or Nyquist would be doing much better than Richards right now.

I honestly don't care if Blash wants to bump either Helm or Richards down a line, but one of them needs to get bumped out of the Top 6.

Detroit can't afford to have two players that have combined for 6 goals and 19 points to be getting top minutes. Nyquist or Tatar alone have more goals and points than both Richards and Helm combined. That's terrible.

Detroit's "top 6" is also sort of a revolving door. Nyquist and Tatar play frequently. Helm has left something to be desired. Richards. Well Richards only put up 12 goals and 37 points on CHICAGO last year. Seems to be on a similar track this year. He's always been more of a playmaker than a scorer, and he essentially has Datsyuk on his line. If you were expecting a 20 goal season from him you were bound to be disappointed.

What he's offered is giving the Wings a 3 headed beast in our top 9 forwards. Any of those lines can score on any given night, and that's tough to defend against.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012
So basically the Blashill effect was to cancel out the roster improvement of Green, Larkin, and Richards.

Having better guys on the roster is irrelevant if they aren't playing. Detroit played a good chunk of games missing 2/3 of those guys and Datsyuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00