Is beagles contract worse than eriksson?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
My issue with Eriksson isn't even how it translates on the ice. I mean I guess if he was scoring 40 goals or whatever that's one thing, but knowing that was pretty much impossible from the get-go, it just never made sense for the 2016 Canucks to sign that contract, even if he was the most effort-ful player in the world.

Same basically goes for Beagle. There was really just no need to tie up that cap space that long while trying to climb out of a trough.

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Gudbrandson, Sutter & Eriksson's deals are BY FAR the worst contracts on this team, and Eriksson's is one of the 5 worst in the NHL, I don't really have much of a problem with Beagle's tbh, its probably a year too long, but he's well down the list of problems on this team

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Both have 3 years left after this season

Both are 4th liner currently

One makes 3m, is a centre and still has enough wheel to keep up the modern game

On makes 6m, is a winger and one of the slowest player in th league

Beagle is totally moveable when Elias ELC is up

Eriksson is the first candidate to go on LTIR in two years

HankNDank

Oct 25, 2013
Medicine Hat
Actually expanding on this. I enjoy how the world explodes saying how Matthew's is overpaid yet the Canucks sign these bums and "oh well it's just a Benning move".

Who would you rather have.

Matthew's

or

Eriksson and Beagle

Lol

But who do we get with the other 1.634M? If it is Petterssons ELC, then yes I take that trio.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I’m actually a big fan of beagle. He brings much more tenacity and speed than slow Louie.

I actually have no issue with the beagle signing. He could turn out to be a really valuable player in playoff runs in 2-3 years

Sutter should be gone and centre should look like

Petterson
Horvat
Gaudette
Beagle

Actually really solid

Reactions: Hindustan Smyl

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I would be surprised if Beagle is still playing at his current level in 2 years. He would be a great fourth liner on a cup contender this year though and possibly next year. Erikssons contract is one of the worst in the league and Sutters is terrible too.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Beagle doesn’t even make my Top10 for problems on this team!
Green’s insistence to use Granlund is near #1 though! At least Beagle wins a board battle! Granlund literally won his first board battle of the 2019 calendar year and then immediately turned it back over to the Ducks in the defensive zone!

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Both have 3 years left after this season

Both are 4th liner currently

One makes 3m, is a centre and still has enough wheel to keep up the modern game

On makes 6m, is a winger and one of the slowest player in th league

Beagle is totally moveable when Elias ELC is up

Eriksson is the first candidate to go on LTIR in two years

It is pretty close.

Beagle has been awful for us this year, and he isn't going to get any better.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The salary structure of our team is so out of whack that most people feel that the Beagle contract is par de course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad