Speculation: Is a new coach Bowmans next move?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
CDH took a lot of abuse last season, led by Pez who went out of his way to diss his play even when he held his own. There's is no question that he had his struggles but his play was not nearly as bad as he (and some others) loved to impart on folks.
Certainly, CDH was asked to play way too much on a team with young and inexperienced Dman who couldn't handle the non-sheltered minutes that the veteran logged on a nightly basis. If, this upcoming season, JC recognizes who CDH is at this stage and plays him accordingly he should be fine.

I think injuries have just taken their toll with him, which is a shame because he would have been a steal at that price. Then again, he also probably wouldn’t have ever been available at that price if that were the case.

Point being, he really wasn’t good in any capacity last year and it’s impossible to defend him. All we can do is hope he maybe can carve out a role as a 3rd pairing guy playing no more than 15 minutes a night.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I think injuries have just taken their toll with him, which is a shame because he would have been a steal at that price. Then again, he also probably wouldn’t have ever been available at that price if that were the case.
I was as vocal of a critic of CdH as anyone, but the numbers tell a different story so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
De Haan sucked last season. He was good in the games he was healthy enough to play the year before.

Hoping that he has a solid season, this year, though. A lot depends on his health, but it is a contract year for him, so I'm sure he'll give it everything he has, just a question of how much that is.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
De Haan sucked last season. He was good in the games he was healthy enough to play the year before.

Hoping that he has a solid season, this year, though. A lot depends on his health, but it is a contract year for him, so I'm sure he'll give it everything he has, just a question of how much that is.

Or how long he can go without getting hurt. Dude's shoulders are held together by duct tape and staples at this point... not a good thing in a heavy shoulder contact sport like hockey.

Reactions: Pez68

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I was as vocal of a critic of CdH as anyone, but the numbers tell a different story so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Clear example of numbers aren't everything and people were seeing and pointing that out in the season. Not all chances against are equal but it was so often his big mistakes would lead to a guy charging wide open on net for what stats count as 1 HDCA but when it's great chances that are goals, the stat part means less.

The team has 2 polar opposites of cases last year in Janmark vs CDH. One advanced stats say 1 and eyes say the other flipped both ways.

Reactions: Pez68

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
CDH took a lot of abuse last season, led by Pez who went out of his way to diss his play even when he held his own. There's is no question that he had his struggles but his play was not nearly as bad as he (and some others) loved to impart on folks.
Certainly, CDH was asked to play way too much on a team with young and inexperienced Dman who couldn't handle the non-sheltered minutes that the veteran logged on a nightly basis. If, this upcoming season, JC recognizes who CDH is at this stage and plays him accordingly he should be fine.
I think the most accurate take lies somewhere between both of yall. DeHaan made bad plays that cost the team but he also was steady for periods. Definitely would have benefited from playing less, and with more experienced partners (good chance his lack of confidence in partners lead to some mistakes) but he definitely had his fair share of lumps. I also think he took a lil longer than he expected to adjust to the new shoulder/range of motion. If I were him I would have hired adam oates.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Both players play dropped the closer the NHL trade deadline got…I’m surprised no one has mentioned this…obviously it was in their minds…same thing with Lehner the year before, the trade deadline always seems to affect some players play

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad