Speculation: Is a new coach Bowmans next move?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Nah, I think he's ride or die with Colliton.

A new coach will come with the next GM.

Reactions: Pertti

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
By January. He will give Colliton a chance with the new horses before he makes the move

You don’t trade your first and let this season go to shit unless you want to get canned

If I'm the owner, why would I let my GM make a SECOND coaching change in like 4 years?

I'd just fire the GM and find a new guy to pick the next coach.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
This nightmare is not gonna end until Stan is gone, this team will continue sucking as long as he’s here, he thinks Seth Jones is gonna save him lol, this coach is garbage too, the entire management team and ownership is garbage at this point, Rocky is getting old and his decision making is getting really bad, things have to change…

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
You don't get to fire a three-time Cup winning coach, bring in a scrub and then hire that scrub's replacement. If JC is gone, Stan will be gone with him.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
New coach no way. The Blackhawks have the right guy.

No need to get an experienced coach until Toews is off the roster. Because then we'll need a coach that can recruit.

Pertti

Dec 1, 2019
Only way that you change coach but not GM is if coach makes ass off himself because off ice crap.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
You don't get to fire a three-time Cup winning coach, bring in a scrub and then hire that scrub's replacement. If JC is gone, Stan will be gone with him.

I still don't even know if he’s a scrub. This might be his first season with a team that actually makes legitimate judgement possible.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Bowman specifically brought in an outside guy, who had been working on a different continent, specifically as the next in line after Q.

Barring that being a direction specifically mandated by Rocky, which I highly doubt, that's about as much of a vote in confidence that a GM could give to a rookie coach that I can imagine. I would legitimately be shocked if the JC experiment ends in failure and doesn't result in Bowman losing his job, too.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
Do you remember 2008-09 when Denis Savard was fired while starting the season 1-2-1. The Blackhawks already had J. Quenneville in the organization.

J. Colliton will be on a short leash. I would expect history repeats itself. They will hire a former coach into a front office position with expectations he can replace Colliton.

I don't see this happening until 2022-23 around the time Jonathan Toews is off the books. The Blackhawks will need a more ALPHA coach after Toews is gone.

Reactions: CanadianHawks

LavalPhantom

Sep 12, 2014
I still don't even know if he’s a scrub. This might be his first season with a team that actually makes legitimate judgement possible.
All this time I thought you were a guy from Faxes From Uncle Dale posting under a pseudonym (I’m half joking).

I now know that you’re not following this comment

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Marc Crawford is already there.
Would be easy to make the change if the Hawks start slowly.

CanadianHawks

Feb 23, 2018
Do you remember 2008-09 when Denis Savard was fired while starting the season 1-2-1. The Blackhawks already had J. Quenneville in the organization.

J. Colliton will be on a short leash. I would expect history repeats itself. They will hire a former coach into a front office position with expectations he can replace Colliton.

I don't see this happening until 2022-23 around the time Jonathan Toews is off the books. The Blackhawks will need a more ALPHA coach after Toews is gone.

It will be very similar to 08-09 Hawks even added Campbell and Huet that summer expectations were high

It won’t take more than half a season for Bowman to pull the trigger

Reactions: SuterHaglshev

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
Toews was gone.
Keith is gone
Seabs is gone
etc.

It's finally "his" team. Bowman is going to give him some rope...and Bowman probably won't get 2 more new HC before he's canned. He's not replacing JC until he knows what this roster looks like.

hockeydoug

May 26, 2012
It will be very similar to 08-09 Hawks even added Campbell and Huet that summer expectations were high

It won’t take more than half a season for Bowman to pull the trigger
I don't think this thing is close to summer 2008 in terms of buzz and anticipation. Hawks need another major move to win the coveted offseason banner.

I think the next move will be another wing adjustment and throwing extra picks to dump a contract. I don't like this group on the outside still. It will be interesting to see what Nylander is this year.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Now that Hawks are committed to rebuilding on the fly, the question of whether or not JC is the right guy to coach this team is a big one. There are veteran ex-coaches and/or far more experienced hockey folks on the sidelines. Does JC's leash become shorter if Hawks limp out of the gate? I think so .... but I'm probably dreaming.
Hopefully, it quickly becomes a non-issue and the team starts well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->