Speculation: Is a new coach Bowmans next move?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Now that Hawks are committed to rebuilding on the fly, the question of whether or not JC is the right guy to coach this team is a big one. There are veteran ex-coaches and/or far more experienced hockey folks on the sidelines. Does JC's leash become shorter if Hawks limp out of the gate? I think so .... but I'm probably dreaming.
Hopefully, it quickly becomes a non-issue and the team starts well.
I have little confidence JC has the tools to get this team to the next level.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Bowman doesn’t get to change coaches anymore, he can resign that’s the best thing he could do for this team to finally go through and agonizing recovery having lost two firsts and Boqvist and carrying one of the worst contracts for the next ten years, maybe we can win the cup again sometime after 2031…

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I think I may be dead by 2031 ...so kinda important Hawks win a Cup before then..

But the End Time may come in late 2039 anyway...so for those lucky enough to live past 2031,you still get another 8 -9 years before THE END...

Why dobyou think Bezos and other billionaires are trying so hard to get up into Space and off this planet?They have to know tomes ahead willbe realkyvtroubled.

So notca lot of tome to win a Cup before we all go quietly into the night on this Heloise planet.

Anyway...they will only take yutes and of course the elitescwho can pay into the soace colonies...So okd geezers lije me are doomed anyway.

This I woukd lijectobseexat least 1 Cup from my beloved Hawks before I kick the bucket or before they leave us here to ourcdoom.

Not a lot of time left,I am afraid.

SuterHaglshev

Mar 21, 2021
This nightmare is not gonna end until Stan is gone, this team will continue sucking as long as he’s here, he thinks Seth Jones is gonna save him lol, this coach is garbage too, the entire management team and ownership is garbage at this point, Rocky is getting old and his decision making is getting really bad, things have to change…

GTFOH
O = outta
H = here

I'm not a Stan Bowman fan. But Stan had at worst a B- off-season. I give Stan an A- and if he can unload B. Connelly I'd give him an A+

Did Stan overpay for Seth Jones? Sure on AAV yeah likely so. Seth was getting 9m AAV minimum if not in Chicago someplace else. Jones keeps the window open for the playoffs for the next five year. I really care less what type of player S. Jones is the last 3 years of his contract.

Giving up Boqvist no huge loss. Boqvist is a poor man's Nick Leddy. Boqvist will end up a good 2nd pairing guy. I don't think Stan over paid in draft capital.

Tyler Johnson for Brent Seabrook and a second round pick solid: Grade: B

Duncan Keith trade: Grade B+
Zero retention impressive

Marc Andre Fleury trade: A

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Now that Hawks are committed to rebuilding on the fly, the question of whether or not JC is the right guy to coach this team is a big one. There are veteran ex-coaches and/or far more experienced hockey folks on the sidelines. Does JC's leash become shorter if Hawks limp out of the gate? I think so .... but I'm probably dreaming.
Hopefully, it quickly becomes a non-issue and the team starts well.

They fired a team legend after 4 games, they can get rid of Colliton if the Hawks come out of the gates slow

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I think I may be dead by 2031 ...so kinda important Hawks win a Cup before then..

But the End Time may come in late 2039 anyway...so for those lucky enough to live past 2031,you still get another 8 -9 years before THE END...

Why dobyou think Bezos and other billionaires are trying so hard to get up into Space and off this planet?They have to know tomes ahead willbe realkyvtroubled.

So notca lot of tome to win a Cup before we all go quietly into the night on this Heloise planet.

Anyway...they will only take yutes and of course the elitescwho can pay into the soace colonies...So okd geezers lije me are doomed anyway.

This I woukd lijectobseexat least 1 Cup from my beloved Hawks before I kick the bucket or before they leave us here to ourcdoom.

Wait, what? Is the worry the younger generation of Hawks is gonna end up in space before they can win another cup?

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO

Nostrafiddy.

MileHighHawksFan

When the going gets tough, Hawks fly together!
Jan 16, 2012
Denver, CO
I actually kinda agree with fiddy.. if we don’t right this ship and start being more environmentally conscious we may not even recognize our home by 2050. I can’t recommend enough that people watch the david attenborough doc on netflix “A Life on Our Planet” we’ve basically treated this place as a frathouse the last 100 years…. I really hope our future isn’t grim but the evidence is kinda damning.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
GTFOH
O = outta
H = here

I'm not a Stan Bowman fan. But Stan had at worst a B- off-season. I give Stan an A- and if he can unload B. Connelly I'd give him an A+

Did Stan overpay for Seth Jones? Sure on AAV yeah likely so. Seth was getting 9m AAV minimum if not in Chicago someplace else. Jones keeps the window open for the playoffs for the next five year. I really care less what type of player S. Jones is the last 3 years of his contract.

Giving up Boqvist no huge loss. Boqvist is a poor man's Nick Leddy. Boqvist will end up a good 2nd pairing guy. I don't think Stan over paid in draft capital.

Tyler Johnson for Brent Seabrook and a second round pick solid: Grade: B

Duncan Keith trade: Grade B+
Zero retention impressive

Marc Andre Fleury trade: A

If the Hawks can win the Cup in the next few years, it’ll make Seth’s contract worth it IMO.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
CdH isn't the player he used to be but he's still ok.
He was absolutely awful last year and asked to do entirely too much. He might be ok if his TOI is sheltered on the 3rd pairing but that’s about it.
CDH took a lot of abuse last season, led by Pez who went out of his way to diss his play even when he held his own. There's is no question that he had his struggles but his play was not nearly as bad as he (and some others) loved to impart on folks.
Certainly, CDH was asked to play way too much on a team with young and inexperienced Dman who couldn't handle the non-sheltered minutes that the veteran logged on a nightly basis. If, this upcoming season, JC recognizes who CDH is at this stage and plays him accordingly he should be fine.

Reactions: Pertti

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
CDH took a lot of abuse last season, led by Pez who went out of his way to diss his play even when he held his own. There's is no question that he had his struggles but his play was not nearly as bad as he (and some others) loved to impart on folks.
Certainly, CDH was asked to play way too much on a team with young and inexperienced Dman who couldn't handle the non-sheltered minutes that the veteran logged on a nightly basis. If, this upcoming season, JC recognizes who CDH is at this stage and plays him accordingly he should be fine.

No. He was awful. He sucked, full stop. You were saying the same shit about Seabrook before his "retirement"... Everyone here knew the guy was cooked, and you just kept on defending his play. CDH is Seabrook 2.0.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I was big fan of CDH when he was with Isles and was happy with trade

Sadly he is shell of his former self and was detriment to Hawks on ice nearly every game he played last year

The fact JC played him so much thru season is concerning. At this point he should be nothing more then vet bottom pairing rotational guy and locker room presence

30-45 games should be his max rotating with kids on bottom pairing

He is physically limited now after all the injuries

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino