Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
79jo51A.png

Amazing
I’m totally surprised he blames everyone else.

The real irony of this Tweet is that Elon is complaining about advertisers pulling out because they are against free speech.... But the reality is that they are using their own free speech in the process. So in actuality, they're supporting free speech by expressing it.

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I’m totally surprised he blames everyone else.

The real irony of this Tweet is that Elon is complaining about advertisers pulling out because they are against free speech.... But the reality is that they are using their own free speech in the process. So in actuality, they're supporting free speech by expressing it.
He is a moron and will never get it. Free speech does not mean free of consequences. Advertisers do not need to spend their money via your site if they do not like the content of the site etc. They mostly do not care about it for social reason but because they don't want to be associated with it as it could hurt their bottom line.

Reactions: adsfan

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
He is a moron and will never get it. Free speech does not mean free of consequences. Advertisers do not need to spend their money via your site if they do not like the content of the site etc. They mostly do not care about it for social reason but because they don't want to be associated with it as it could hurt their bottom line.
It's also a two way street. You can buy Twitter if you want and people can go elsewhere. Elon is also counting on his fanbase to not understand how all this works and paint himself as the victim. People have the right to choose and for some reason he doesn't respect that.

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
...who is Mike Scollins?

I am indifferent to Elon Musk unlike all his fanboys and all his haters. I think he really represents Twitter well where everything is reduced to petty insults and tribalism. It's a platform that is useful for certains things like NHL trades but otherwise? A dumpster fire.

Last edited:

BMacLeafs

Feb 20, 2022
Elon is the reason I deactivated Twitter and started using Weibo. I'd urge anybody to do the same.

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Reactions: MAHJ71
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad