Online Series: Iron Fist

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Good to know, I'll work back from the current series as it keeps my interest. Marvel seems to have much stronger writing in the last few years in their comics. Most series I've stumbled across have kept my interest. Infamous Iron Man being the latest.

I bought a few of these on a whim and the stories are ****ing amazing. Riri Williams is a great add to the mix too.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm finally getting into the series and it's not as bad as the 17% says. In fact i enjoyed the second episode more than the first even though I still don't think I like this Hand storyline. It's just not really interesting to me yet. Still Danny summoning the Iron Fist was cool and makes me want to continue.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'm finally getting into the series and it's not as bad as the 17% says. In fact i enjoyed the second episode more than the first even though I still don't think I like this Hand storyline. It's just not really interesting to me yet. Still Danny summoning the Iron Fist was cool and makes me want to continue.

A lot of people complained it was too slow at the beginning, but personally that's the part I enjoyed the most.

For me it really all went down the drain around the mid-way point of the season.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
A lot of people complained it was too slow at the beginning, but personally that's the part I enjoyed the most.

For me it really all went down the drain around the mid-way point of the season.

I've only seen the first two episodes, and I did think the first episode was a little on the boring side. Things did pick up in the second though, as we got more of Danny's backstory which was nice. I'm trying to keep an open mind on this series (And mainly because I want to see Defenders because of Daredevil and Jessica Jones) and so far after two episodes I would say it's average. It's still too early yet.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I watched the third episode last night and I wish the fight scenes were better. I mean this guy has an iron fist and it doesn't seem like he uses it very much. Also, for a show that has a lot of kung fu elements, this is nowhere near as compelling as Daredevil. In fact, the only fight I've liked so far was the one between Colleen and the big guy in that prize-fight.

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
I bought a few of these on a whim and the stories are ****ing amazing. Riri Williams is a great add to the mix too.

Yeah! Really cool stuff with the FF and Doom. Let me know if you've found anything else worth trying.

Dipping into the Defenders tv series soon, but with no Meachums and more Hand it'll probably feel like a slog.

Looking back on this series, I think the overall quality of all four shows are fairly close, with DD in the lead and other three being held back by some bad writing. Really liked the subplots in IF best though.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm 7 episodes into this series and I'm really enjoying it so far, but I think I'm starting to agree with the opinion that Finn Jones might have been miscast. We have this almost legendary like figure and he feels too soft, especially after spending 15 years in a monastery. It feels like he doesn't know what he's doing and can't carry the series like Ritter, Cox, or Colter. Still, the supporting characters like Colleen, Ward, and Madame Gou are carrying this series so watching Jones doesn't really feel that bad.

I will say watching these shows, Jessica Jones feel so disconnected from the rest of the story, and that might be why I liked that series so much. It felt like it's own show, rather than being something much larger. I liked the Noir aspects, and David Tennant is still probably my favorite villain in the Netflix Marvel Universe (I'm not sure I would call The Punisher a villain after watching his sensational arc). Still, in regards to Iron Fist, this is a much better series than I thought it would be, and I'm looking forward to seeing how it ends and how we go right into The Defenders.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
just started watching season 1, a few episodes in, acting could be better. storyline meh. fighting scenes are okay.. i will try to watch more of the show to give a final verdict.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00