Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
from looking at the replays i think he was hurting after the cross check but looking at the Barzal hit, it looked like he jammed his arm a bit and then his arm go caught on the glass a bit and maybe went back a bit more than it should have

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
NYI knew Kuch's hip was still not 100% so Mayfield went for a hit to specifically target that general area. It is what it is, and its a risk for coming back early for the playoffs. We can still win this without Kuch, NYI isn't a team that, beyond getting all-star performances from the best players, the refs, are frightening. [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: DaBolts

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
NYI knew Kuch's hip was still not 100% so Mayfield went for a hit to specifically target that general area. It is what it is, and its a risk for coming back early for the playoffs. We can still win this without Kuch, NYI isn't a team that, beyond getting all-star performances from the best players, the refs, are frightening. At this point, its game 7 with everything on the line. I want Maroon to start swinging at Barzal's knees, punch Martin in the throat, and cross Mayfield head first into the boards. Refs say this is all legal, so I don't see what we have to lose if we play the same game as them? They are a bunch of cowards anyway, and they all run from a fight normally.

Dude, why are you advocating violence on other players, that is not cool.
I also saw the other post that you made about your outrage on the fans throwing bottles on the ice.

Consistency, is the word that comes to mind.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Dude, why are you advocating violence on other players, that is not cool.
I also saw the other post that you made about your outrage on the fans throwing bottles on the ice.

Consistency, is the word that comes to mind.
Fair is fair. If their fans don't care about their players safety, why should I? f*** em, f*** their fans, and f*** their players.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Eh, we thought the same thing with Point last year. You never really know, I agree it doesn't look good.

To be fair, the two games we played without Point against the Islanders, we lost, so that's not that reassurring. Unless you're talking more about the way he was able to eventually round into form against Dallas after the injury, which I suppose is possible.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
I don’t want the Lightning to take runs early at the Isles, stay disciplined probably a low scoring game without Kuch. If at any point it appears the Islanders have the game wrapped up then sweep the leg. Take em out

This. Then let Schenn and Maroon do a tag team wrasslin' move.

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
Fair is fair. If their fans don't care about their players safety, why should I? f*** em, f*** their fans, and f*** their players.

I think from a coach's point view, discipline will serve a better purpose than going and hitting anything on the way can backfire easily, I think a well coached game will go a long way.

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I'm more concerned about a liver or kidney bruise. It was a typical NYI cheap shot and very deliberate.
That team are full of cheap shot artists. They concussed Trouba and Lindgren a few games apart, all because they got cleanly hit by each of them and they got pissed. If they get pissed at getting clean hits, get out of the game. Good luck in game 7. Please win.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
That team are full of cheap shot artists. They concussed Trouba and Lindgren a few games apart, all because they got cleanly hit by each of them and they got pissed. If they get pissed at getting clean hits, get out of the game. Good luck in game 7. Please win.
I hate to say it, but I can’t see us winning

Rehabguy

Always open minded
Oct 2, 2011
from looking at the replays i think he was hurting after the cross check but looking at the Barzal hit, it looked like he jammed his arm a bit and then his arm go caught on the glass a bit and maybe went back a bit more than it should have
That’s exactly what happened. You could see it on the replay he rotated his right shoulder a few times after his hit on Barzal. He knew something was wrong. Low grade separated shoulder I think. Jammed the head of his humerus up into the acromion causing slight separation at the acromioclavicular joint. Very risky to play him and I doubt the isles would go easy on him. He’s more a liability to play because 1 hit and you are down a forward. He’s going to be evaluated by Dr Ira Guttentag at Florida Medical Clinic. I’ll see if I can get the scoop.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Sorry, outside fan coming and asking as I wasn't able to find any info elsewhere.

lol welcome to our world bud!! Good to have you! You'll be pleased to know you're not only doing the same thing as us but no one here has any idea either. The injury statuses of our players are about as secret as the CIA's intelligence briefings to the president.

OppositeLocK

Nov 18, 2017
lol welcome to our world bud!! Good to have you! You'll be pleased to know you're not only doing the same thing as us but no one here has any idea either. The injury statuses of our players are about as secret as the CIA's intelligence briefings to the president.

Not surprised because if they disclosed anything I'm sure you'd find enough cavemen on Long Island to target them.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
We are not getting any PPs tonight so no need to risk Kuch if he's really hurt. Cernak would be useful though. Keep Schenn in regardless. 11/7.

Expecting a low scoring game. Gourde and Palat with a big game.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad