Injury Report: IR: Gaborik, Nilsson | Killorn, Kucherov, Hedman, McDonagh, Goodrow

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Rutta just had a strong game, Cernak has been a beast and Schenn holds down the fort while Sergachev gets double shifted. Our RHD hasn't been a weakness at all, think we really over reacted and got Savard because Foote/Thomas were in the lineup for 30 games while Schenn was being sat for some reason.

Haven't really felt his loss at all nor feel an urgency for him to get back, if anything, the only change I'd want to make this series is getting Joseph in for Maroon.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Rutta just had a strong game, Cernak has been a beast and Schenn holds down the fort while Sergachev gets double shifted. Our RHD hasn't been a weakness at all, think we really over reacted and got Savard because Foote/Thomas were in the lineup for 30 games while Schenn was being sat for some reason.

Haven't really felt his loss at all nor feel an urgency for him to get back, if anything, the only change I'd want to make this series is getting Joseph in for Maroon.
Schenn is playing a lot of minutes, so Savard just gives Serg a little more rest, which is fine. Plus it means a little less minutes for Rutta, which is also fine.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014

Idk I mean our RHD was pretty bad before the Savard addition, sure we over paid.

I agree Maroon can’t really play hockey anymore. I guess he must bring a lot to the room.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Maroon's not useless, he's just a bad fit for this matchup. The Canes don't fall for antics and their mobile defense throws his game out the window.

Reactions: Hoek and DaBolts

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Maroon's not useless, he's just a bad fit for this matchup. The Canes don't fall for antics and their mobile defense throws his game out the window.

Agree. I would rather run 11/7 and keep Maroon on the bench. He's too slow for the Canes.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Next season I would like Foote/Thomas to get the ice time that will be vacated by Savard. You give them a whole season to play in, by playoffs one of them will be ready for it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Schenn hs played well with his chances so im fine with him slotting right back into the lineup. We still might be down another RD though.... Foote coming up?

bodi

May 14, 2016
I think Kuch is done. If we make the SCF it'd be hard without him. Season is over.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We might as well wait for like 7pm tomorrow for a verdict. It's only been 12 hours with world class imaging studies at our disposal. We'll be lucky if the Lightning even specify an upper body injury but they'll say they don't know what's going on anyway if he's out

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
I've had broken ribs. Played football, not hockey - but same idea. You don't think anything is wrong initially, and then it gets worse within a few minutes and terrible after 12 hours. Shots help, but upper body mobility is still severely impacted. Your boy Kuch might be done if it is in fact cracked / broken ribs. Not a fan of either team, but a little saddened by the Isles fans basically cheering the injury. Not cool.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well, I've had a cracked ribcage, right around the middle of my chest. Or well, "had", since even though it's been 3 years since then, it's still not fully healed. The first year or so was pure hell, any sneeze or cough hurt so incredibly much. Then if something was even slightly out of position my range of motion got severely hurt, I had to somehow realign myself. I'd say I healed surprisingly well, although my chest muscles still are weak and if I put pressure on my chest it feels quite uncomfortable, so I can't bench press anymore etc.

Of course, a broken rib probably isn't quite as bad as cracking the ribcage around the center like I managed to do.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
If Cernak is able to come back (probably won't be very physical as it appears to be his shoulder bothering home)..

I'd roll 11/7 with Kuch out. Keep Schenn in and then just give forwards some extra ice time in Game 7. If Cernak can't go then I guess you put Joesph on the 4th, Colton on the 3rd and Gourde into the Top 6

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
ive had 13 broken ribs...ONLY 1 time would it have caused me to miss the game ahead if i was playing in this situation !!! only real problem the 1 time was top rib next to heart and couldnt move for like 30 days cough etc... i also had a broken sternum in past....i will put kucherov at likely just below 50% as it is id be surprised if hes out and doesnt have 3 points to close this

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad