Injury Report: IR: Brian Lee

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
https://twitter.com/erlendssonTBO
Keith Aulie practicing this morning in a normal colored jersey (had been in red no contact for the past week) #tblightning
No sign of Radko Gudas as practice begins, Gudas left Friday's game with an undisclosed upper body injury
Ryan Malone, who took a shot off his foot Friday and was limping after the game, also not practicing today
Sounds like both Gudas and Malone are questionable for tomorrow and a call up could be made just to bring healthy bodies up
Aulie seems likely to be ready before the 3-game homestand ends this week, Pyatt as well, according to Cooper

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
im wondering if gudas is a concussion concern thing and that is why gonna maybe miss the game tonight?

Cooper said it was a cut on the chin, but honestly, when I was watching the fight, I thought "concussion" pretty much immediately. The linesman had Gudas tied up so he was absolutely defenseless and he took a very clean right-hand haymaker to end the fight.

Does anyone have the video? Maybe I was just seeing things.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Cooper said it was a cut on the chin, but honestly, when I was watching the fight, I thought "concussion" pretty much immediately. The linesman had Gudas tied up so he was absolutely defenseless and he took a very clean right-hand haymaker to end the fight.

Does anyone have the video? Maybe I was just seeing things.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Found it:

Gudas wasn't tied up as much as I'd thought, but the linesman had definitely already jumped in. That's a brutal shot he takes on the button. I'm pretty concerned about a concussion.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Bishop:

Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Cooper said Bishop should be fine, not concerned about the shot he took in morning skate, said he was going with Lindback tonight regardless

Damian Cristodero ‏@LightningTimes
Bishop, on his way out of the building, didn't offer much either other than acknowledging he was hit in the hand. Said he would be okay.

Malone:
Cooper's report on Malone (foot) was not encouraging. Might be out longer than originally thought. Sounds like might have chipped bone.

And finally, Cooper suggested Malone might be out longer than anticipated, may have a bone chip in his ankle

Aulie:
Appears Aulie will draw back in tonight as the 7th defenseman, so no guarantee that Tyrell will play tonight as TB likely to dress 11 Fwds

Labrie:
Oh, and Cooper said Labrie "tweaked' something in his arm on Monday, obviously out tonight

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Ryan Malone (foot) has been placed on injured reserve, the team announced.

Tom Pyatt (collarbone) said he expects to be cleared to play by Tuesday's game at Columbus. "I feel I can play right now," he said.

Malone out, Pyatt in (soon). Happy?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
When asked whether Gudas' upper-body injury was classified as a concussion, coach Jon Cooper remained noncommittal on the matter, Erik Erlendsson of the Tampa Tribune. "That one I don't know, but I'm mildly surprised he has not come back," Cooper said. "But whatever it is, he's not ready to go."

Rotowire, so take it FWIW (sometimes very little -- they do not research things carefully at all). But on the face of it your coach seems to be attempting to hide the nature of his injury. How does a coach not know if one of his players is concussed a week after the fact? :laugh: Gotta love hockey coaches.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Retweeted Erik Erlendsson (@erlendssonTBO):

Tom Pyatt is expected to miss a minimum of two more weeks after he said a bone scan showed his collarbone not completely healed ‪#‎TBLightning‬

Retweeted Damian Cristodero (@LightningTimes):

Cooper confirmed Pyatt ( collarbone) likely out another two weeks. Player had hoped to be cleared by Tuesday.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Im guessing Gudas is out with a concussion.

He was at practice signing autographs:

Still no Radko Gudas at #tblightning practice, still considered day to day with an upper body injury; Labrie not practicing either

Somewhat clean shaven Radko Gudas emerges from the locker room to sign a couple of autographs before… http://instagram.com/p/hWNAxtKtJp/

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Ryan Malone will miss at least a couple of weeks for what is believed to be a broken bone in his ankle.
Tampa coach Jon Cooper doesn't believe it is a long-term injury but did say it would be at least two weeks before we see Malone in game action. Nov 30 - 11:13 AM

Some have claimed 4 weeks:(

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Ryan Malone will miss at least a couple of weeks for what is believed to be a broken bone in his ankle.
Tampa coach Jon Cooper doesn't believe it is a long-term injury but did say it would be at least two weeks before we see Malone in game action. Nov 30 - 11:13 AM

Some have claimed 4 weeks:(

Don't like seeing anybody get injured, but I'd rather have Kucherov or Brown in the lineup than Malone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad