OT: Introducing your 2014-15 Flyers - armchair edition.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Won't happen. Flyers love Rinaldo and are already working to find more players like him(Goulbourne).

You're right. Homer and Berube love him for whatever reason. Homer went out of his way to mention him and his speed in the interview that Metzler posted. I'll never understand it, but it looks like Zac is here for the long haul.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
You're right. Homer and Berube love him for whatever reason. Homer went out of his way to mention him and his speed in the interview that Metzler posted. I'll never understand it, but it looks like Zac is here for the long haul.

We are going to have the ignominity in 2 years of still carrying one of the worst ~20-30 forwards ever to play 300 NHL games.

And none of the others with such low PPG ever played for just one team... Cote and Caulfield are the only players in NHL history with less PPG than Rinaldo in over 150 games who only ever had 1 NHL team!

The thing is, he would not be a bad 13th or 14th forward for ~20-30 games a year... but playing every game he is healthy is absurd. It just does not help the team.

If they want a player like that they should release Rinaldo and sign Troy Bodie... guy is bigger, a better hockey player, better on D, picks his spots and takes no silly penalties while drawing loads, he also does not need sheltering as much and is good on the boards. Along with working his ass of every game. (not saying Rinaldo does not...) That being said I would rather they get a player for the 4th better than both of those guys!

Last edited:

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
We are going to have the ignominity in 2 years of still carrying one of the worst ~20-30 forwards ever to play 300 NHL games.

And none of the others with such low PPG ever played for just one team... Cote and Caulfield are the only players in NHL history with less PPG than Rinaldo in over 150 games who only ever had 1 NHL team!

The thing is, he would not be a bad 13th or 14th forward for ~20-30 games a year... but playing every game he is healthy is absurd. It just does not help the team.

If they want a player like that they should release Rinaldo and sign Troy Bodie... guy is bigger, a better hockey player, better on D, picks his spots and takes no silly penalties while drawing loads, he also does not need sheltering as much and is good on the boards. Along with working his ass of every game. (not saying Rinaldo does not...) That being said I would rather they get a player for the 4th better than both of those guys!

Id like Daniel Winnik. Great bottom 6 guy who can play LW or C and is serviceable on the 4th or 3rd line. Has offensive capability as well.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Patrick Maroon is doing everything that the Flyers would want out of a hard nosed player and look for in Rinaldo. I would like to thank Greg Gilbert for messing up his career with the Flyers so that we can see him do well in Anaheim.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
Patrick Maroon is doing everything that the Flyers would want out of a hard nosed player and look for in Rinaldo. I would like to thank Greg Gilbert for messing up his career with the Flyers so that we can see him do well in Anaheim.

Relax, he is an Ex-Flyer... he'll be back sooner or later:naughty:

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Homer came right out and said the #1 priority this offseason was a top line LW. I wonder if this changes now with Hexy as GM? I just can't picture Hexy giving a ridiculous longterm contract to Vanek or Cammalleri after he just said he prefers to have younger players.

Hextall said some good things. and I agree with him on keeping picks and not trading youth for over the hill vets. but that still doesn't change the fact that this team desperately needs a first line LW and a young PMD. it'll be interesting to see how he does that without giving up picks or prospects.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
I'd much rather have Vanek. Built better than Cammy, younger than him and more of a scorer/point-getter. Plus, his work around the net and able to tip goals is pretty damn nice.

RJ8812*

Homer came right out and said the #1 priority this offseason was a top line LW. I wonder if this changes now with Hexy as GM? I just can't picture Hexy giving a ridiculous longterm contract to Vanek or Cammalleri after he just said he prefers to have younger players.

Hextall said some good things. and I agree with him on keeping picks and not trading youth for over the hill vets. but that still doesn't change the fact that this team desperately needs a first line LW and a young PMD. it'll be interesting to see how he does that without giving up picks or prospects.

He didn't say that he would not move picks or prospects at all. He said if the right deal was out there to help this team, he would move them, but he's not just going to give them away

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I'd love to see them play a Couturier-Giroux-Voracek line. They did it for maybe two or three shifts this season, and they scored at least once that I remember.

Hartnell's role on the Giroux line is to retrieve the puck when its dumped in and get it to his support. The best player on our team at doing that is Couturier. He is awesome at keeping the puck on the boards, taking the puck out of scrums, and getting it to the point or support.

I realize that we need Couturier to play defensive minutes and as a center, but I'd love to see Berube put this line out when we really need a goal, or put Couts out as the extra attacker in certain situations.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
hextall obviously meant that he values young talent and draft picks. He's not going to give either of them away for over the hill vets. That does not mean, however, that he wouldn't pieces those assets together to trade for an upgrade that's also young, in my opinion. He never said that he was opposed to trading youth or picks, he just insinuated that he's not going to enthusiastically pursue older players that don't fit into the core.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
not a fan of Cammalleri at all. I think Read can bring what he brings (20-25 goals, 20-25 assists) at a better rate then he would command.
He is also inconsistent as hell and would be cursed like Vinny is because of that.
pass.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
I will put in all the disclaimers... It's never going to happen, cap space, there's no point, Montreal will match anything, blah blah blah...

If Subban is unsigned and becomes an RFA, you've got to offer sheet him at $9m Avg... Because if he signs for less with Montreal, you've passed up on a potential opportunity no matter how small it was.

blinds

Jan 5, 2012
not a fan of Cammalleri at all. I think Read can bring what he brings (20-25 goals, 20-25 assists) at a better rate then he would command.
He is also inconsistent as hell and would be cursed like Vinny is because of that.
pass.

Yeh, pass on Cammy. Too old as well, maybe if we didn't already have Vinny. I'd be interested in Vanek, the only thing that concerns me is the term. Money might suck, but I'd rather have Vanek at $7-8m than Kimmo at $6m. I just don't know how viable it is if he wants a 7 year contract.

But man, Vanek would slot in perfectly at that top LW slot. Gaborik could have been nice, don't see LA moving him with the playoffs he's having though.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
I don't really want Vanek for $7.5 and 7 years. If he was 27 than maybe yea, but paying someone that much until they're 37-38 just doesn't seem like a good move.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
With a new GM all past bets are off. Hartnell seemed to have a soft spot in Holmgren's heart for some reason. I wonder if Hexy does as well. He might just sit Hartnell down and read him a story that Scotty doesn't want to hear and then he accepts a trade out of town.

RJ8812*

I'm fine with Hartnell staying as long as he isn't on the first line. I think he can be effective on Schenn and Voracek's wing

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm fine with Hartnell staying as long as he isn't on the first line. I think he can be effective on Schenn and Voracek's wing

If Schenn can saucer him passes for shots, or takes quality shots on net, or Voracek is willing to shoot... I don't want him (Voracek) trying to replace G and from his side of the ice try to feed across the box to Hartnell. At least G was normally rotating over to that side so Hartnell could push the netminder or float back to the circle for a one-timer -- it wouldn't require a pass across the box when G is with him.

A lot of "ifs" -- Schenn would also have to raise his level of consistency - Hartnell can't carry a line. I see Voracek as piece, more than a stud. Same with Hartnell. Briere was important to him.

His effectiveness would probably continue on the PP unit when he would be reunited with G.

This team needs 5on5 strength though. Ugh. Maybe the line would have chemistry-- but on paper I'm skeptical. It would require Schenn lead that line.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Nonis wants some veterans up there in Toronto? We have vinny/hartnell/grossmann for them. Just send Gardiner down here

If they offered Gardiner and a high pick for Coburn would you accept?

Or maybe:

Coburn + 17th overall

For

Gardiner + 8th overall.

Draft ehlers and we win the internet for the day

Last edited:

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I don't think we have the pieces then to get Gardiner if it doesnt involve Coburn.

Imagine this as our young dcore though.

Gardiner
Morin
Hagg
Ghost

All csn skate and play offensive

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad