OT: Introducing your 2014-15 Flyers - armchair edition.

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly
That would be awesome :laugh:.

Do it. do it. do it

Yeah that would be great and it makes sense for Chicago because they get the 2C they so deperately need. They get a shut down shot blocking dman to replace Hjalmarsson and they get Gus and a pick. I may be willing to swith the 4th rd to as high as a 2nd to make Chicago accept. Would be a great deal for both teams IMO, but I can see why Chicago would not accept that. They could probably get better offers and better options for the 2C position.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
I just cant see Vinny getting dealt. I think if they entertain any thoughts of trading him its next summer if he doesn't get his **** together. I think he gets a year to get healthy and prove himself to be a player that can help this team win.
Someone out of Schenn, Coburn, Grossman have to go. The obvious answer is Grossman but as much as I hate to say it the organization loves him.
Coburn would be pretty tough to replace from a eating minute standpoint so that could leave Schenn. Maybe the brothers are packaged for something.
I am not very good at these trade scenerios but if the organization wants Ghost in here next year then something has to give.

JHG

Jan 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA
I admittedly know significantly less about players around the league in hockey than I do the other 3 pro sports, but IMO what we need is someone with some speed who can skate. I feel like after watching the Flyers and then watching other teams, we are really friggin slow as a team. It's like watching a basketball team without a PG or SG who can slash to the basket.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I just cant see Vinny getting dealt. I think if they entertain any thoughts of trading him its next summer if he doesn't get his **** together. I think he gets a year to get healthy and prove himself to be a player that can help this team win.
Someone out of Schenn, Coburn, Grossman have to go. The obvious answer is Grossman but as much as I hate to say it the organization loves him.
Coburn would be pretty tough to replace from a eating minute standpoint so that could leave Schenn. Maybe the brothers are packaged for something.
I am not very good at these trade scenerios but if the organization wants Ghost in here next year then something has to give.

Keeping Vinny if we have the option of trading him is a terrible idea. We need to hope that another team is sold on the idea that he will turn it around next year. Even if he is healthy he isn't going to be much of a contributor on a god team. He is still slow and bad in the defensive zone.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Hey everyone, Panther fan coming in peace.

I know this isn't the correct thread for this question but I looked around your forum trying to find some sort of thread that could be related to what I am asking but no such luck.

Just a quick question regarding Bobby Clarke. The famous "Bobby Clarke wink" photo (the toothless smile whilst holding the Cup), what year was that photo? Was that the 74 Cup victory or the 75 cup victory?

Again I'm sorry for posting this year, just figured it would be buried in a long thread eventually.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I want that fourth line of

Raffl-Laughton-Rasmussen. I really like that. Rasmussen would need a period to adjust maybe but he plays agianst men already and does pretty well for himself over in Sweden. That line brings a bit of everything too. Skill, size, and hard work/possession.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013

Raffl-Laughton-Rasmussen. I really like that. Rasmussen would need a period to adjust maybe but he plays agianst men already and does pretty well for himself over in Sweden. That line brings a bit of everything too. Skill, size, and hard work/possession.

That line might be more effective at ES than the Lecavalier-Schenn-Simmonds line was.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
That line might be more effective at ES than the Lecavalier-Schenn-Simmonds line was.

One type of hockey I don't really watch is European hockey so I don't know anything about Rasmussen besides the scouting reports I have read. He seems like he can be a pretty good player for a NHL team by what I read.

Imagine the Flyers actually having a young talented 4th line? I just can't right now haha.. I am not a Rinaldo crucifier around here but I think if you can upgrade your team, you have to. Rinaldo can be buried in the AHL for nothing as well.

Tedeward

Jan 24, 2014
Philly

I would jack off to that 4th line. Everyone is defensively responsible and has an offensive touch. But if we dont sign Rasmussen for some reason, I would like a line of Raffl-Laughton-Akeson. Gives it more playmaking ability. And then we could sign a guy like Vrbata or even put Vinny on the 3RW. Read-Couts-(Vinny/Vrbata). I think Vinny would do good there on RW and that allows Schenn to play C on the checking line.

Flyerss

Jun 23, 2013
Hey everyone, Panther fan coming in peace.

I know this isn't the correct thread for this question but I looked around your forum trying to find some sort of thread that could be related to what I am asking but no such luck.

Just a quick question regarding Bobby Clarke. The famous "Bobby Clarke wink" photo (the toothless smile whilst holding the Cup), what year was that photo? Was that the 74 Cup victory or the 75 cup victory?

Again I'm sorry for posting this year, just figured it would be buried in a long thread eventually.

Must be 1975, because if you watch some clips from 1974 and 1975 you'll notice that during 1974 they were wearing white jerseys and during 1975 they were wearing orange jerseys and in the picture he's wearing an orange jersey.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I would try to trade the Schenns for Yakupov (I know he had a bad season but the guy has top talent and scoring ability). Then sign Cammalleri at around 5, sign Niskanen for around 6.5, trade Grossmann for a draft pick, re-sign Kimmo at 4 million, then let Laughton and Gostisbehere fight for a roster spot.

Cammalleri/Giroux/Voracek
Simmonds/Vinny/Yakupov
Hartnell/Couturier/Read
Rinaldo/Laughton/Raffl
Rosehill/Akeson

Coburn/Niskanen
MacDonald/Streit
Kimmo/Gostisbehere

That team has a lot more offensive potential and some much needed speed. Long shot but I like it.

DrHamburg

Mar 12, 2009
New York
I would try to trade the Schenns for Yakupov (I know he had a bad season but the guy has top talent and scoring ability). Then sign Cammalleri at around 5, sign Niskanen for around 6.5, trade Grossmann for a draft pick, re-sign Kimmo at 4 million, then let Laughton and Gostisbehere fight for a roster spot.

Cammalleri/Giroux/Voracek
Simmonds/Vinny/Yakupov
Hartnell/Couturier/Read
Rinaldo/Laughton/Raffl
Rosehill/Akeson

Coburn/Niskanen
MacDonald/Streit
Kimmo/Gostisbehere

That team has a lot more offensive potential and some much needed speed. Long shot but I like it.

This would extremely tricky to pull off these moves and stay under the cap until you can LTIR Pronger. Vinny and Yak on the same line would make me sick to my stomach in the defensive zone, but I see where you are going with it.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
This would extremely tricky to pull off these moves and stay under the cap until you can LTIR Pronger. Vinny and Yak on the same line would make me sick to my stomach in the defensive zone, but I see where you are going with it.

You can put Pronger on LTIR for the initial roster that is submitted to the NHL. WE would just have to make sure to spend as much of the 4.9 over the cap as we can so that we get the highest upper limit possible

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
You need to call up some AHL guys to get just under $4.94m over the cap, then demote them to give you around $1.5m of cap space. That's what Detroit and Pittsburgh did this season.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I might be in the minority, but I would not be opposed to trading the Schenn bros for Yakupov.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I'm just not sold on yakupov's ability to be a star point producer against nhl competition on a consistent basis. He reminds me a lot of Nikolai zherdev: all the tools in the world, but he has no toolbox and frankly has no idea what a toolbox is.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
I'm just not sold on yakupov's ability to be a star point producer against nhl competition on a consistent basis. He reminds me a lot of Nikolai zherdev: all the tools in the world, but he has no toolbox and frankly has no idea what a toolbox is.

Yakupov has way more talent than Zherdev has ever had. Like someone said in another thread, you give Yakupov the leadership that is in the Flyers locker room compared to the Oilers and he will then reach his potential.

AFTeRMaTH*

Schenn Bros + for Kane all day.

and wtf didnt we just draft Morrissey, I know that doesnt belong here but its been driving me nuts. Why do we always have to draft the prototypical Flyer.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
and wtf didnt we just draft Morrissey, I know that doesnt belong here but its been driving me nuts. Why do we always have to draft the prototypical Flyer.

Morin has the higher upside.

I would honestly wait a couple of years before judging the pick, neither guy is even playing in the NHL at the moment.

FlyingPhilly

Mar 3, 2013
Philly
That Edm-Philly thread in the trade forum is full of fail. I literally lost some brain cells reading some of those posts. It was funny at first, but then the amount of overrating/overvaluing picks and their own players by the Oilers fans....:facepalm:

And they wonder why they have sucked so much the past years :help:

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Schenn Bros + for Kane all day.

Morin has the potential with his size and skillset to be a number one defenseman. He's much more than just the prototypical Flyer. Even Morrissey's biggest fans will admit that he's probably a second pairing defenseman at the NHL. Plus, the Flyers already have a better version of Morrissey in Ghost.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Imagine the Flyers actually having a young talented 4th line? I just can't right now haha.. I am not a Rinaldo crucifier around here but I think if you can upgrade your team, you have to. Rinaldo can be buried in the AHL for nothing as well.
Won't happen. Flyers love Rinaldo and are already working to find more players like him(Goulbourne).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad